California-Los Angeles

need photographer rec for cousins wedding in Ventura

Is this the right place to post? I'm over from the Houston boards and my cousin just got engaged! I relied so much on these boards when I got married I am helping her now. She needs a very reasonable photographer for her beach/home wedding. Any recs?

Thanks in advance!

Re: need photographer rec for cousins wedding in Ventura

• TysWife2BeTysWife2Be member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should have her join TK and I am sure she will be able to get many recs from everyone here.
    AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

• edited December 2011
    I must agree with the previous post, have your cousin join! We promise not to bite hehehe

Let not knowing too much about your cousins budget for a photographer. But here are a few photographers that are knottie favorites or their names just get thrown around here:

-Hazelnut photography
    -Nataly Lemus * which we are are using*
    -Ashleigh Taylor
    -Aileen Secord
    -Laura Laing 

I think that's about it, well all I can remember. I'm sure others will give you some recs but it really depends on your cousins budget.

HTH!
  • edited December 2011
    thanks! She doesn't have time to join and chat on here, that's why I am helping her. She's a busy busy lady! Thanks for the recs I will look into them. She doesn't have a set budget yet, but lets just say she is having a backyard weddin and wants her dad to do the pictures, I am trying to talk her out of it!
  • mrslakermrslaker member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have her check out (they are a couple team, one of them which photographed my wedding):
    http://www.studiobenjaminjames.com/

Ben is based in Ventura, tell her Jemie said hi!
  • amdong15amdong15 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We hired Kiel from Fotocielo in Santa Barbara. They are having a deal on their packages if booked before 1/1/10. We met with him and he has great energy. The website is www.fotocielo.com

GL!
  • edited December 2011
    My photographer is Kristine Ambrose and I love her!

Wasn't that impressed with Hazelnut photography. Just a personality clash, but her work is beautiful. Make sure you have your cousin meet with all the photogs she's considering to make sure they'll be a good match and can work together well on the big day! Seing the prints in person is really important too - they can be touched up online.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    she should not make her dad responsible for taking pictures at her wedding!!! i'm sure she can find a reasonable photographer. I personally used www.wildflowersphotos.com. they are a little pricey, but i love my pictures. and she does take a little while to get the pictures back to you. 
    a fantastic photographer that a lot of my friends have used is Alex Neumann. If you google him, it should pop up. =) 
    Another friend of mine used Ashleigh Taylor and her pics turned out great too!

good luck!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards