California-Los Angeles

Wedding Coordinator Questions

Hi All,

The venue that we are seriously considering (The Ebell Club in Long Beach) requires that we have a certified Wedding Coordinator for our event.  I noticed that many of you are going with Christina Molina.  What has been your experience, thus far?  I'm looking at just getting the DOC package...are the communications via phone and email truly unlimited? 

Any and all info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Ladies!
Photobucket
Sep 2011 Siggy Challenge: Flower Inspiration
Planning Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Coordinator Questions

• edited December 2011
    Hi,

Though our wedding isn't till Sept, so far Christina has been AWESOME!!!! From the 1st day she's answered all my questions. I'm an email person so every time I send her an email she responds promptly! So yes it is unlimited what I've seen so far. She has been great! 

She is also created our invites for us, and she's been great with all our request. She is a knottie favorite and so far I have NOT heard ANYTHING bad about her or her services.

HTH and GL!
  • czarinamaeczarinamae member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, xxquemirasxx!  Did you get the DOC package also?
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I'm working with Christina too.  She has been GREAT.  I got the 3 month package and day of.  I too use email a lot and she responds very promptly.  She is designing my bridal shower invites and even offered to stuff and mail all my std that I got from another company.  I can't say more about her - she is GREAT.
    My Planning Bio - updated 4/19/10
    Our Wedding Teasers
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011

She has been great with me too! She is sooo quick to reply. I believe she will be designing our invites as well. So far nothing but a great experience with her!Laughing I booked for the DOC services only.

• edited December 2011
    I am also working with Christina.  She checks in with me every month and if I need to talk to her she is always an e-mail or a phone call away.

We also got the month of cooridination package last year.  When I realized I would majorly house shopping and out of the picture upto a month before my wedding, she told me that she would keep track of our RSVPs for us.  This is a major help and I a major relief as all I have to do now is to finish doing those belly-bands and mail those suckers out while closing.

What I really liked about her is that aside from behing extremely knowledgeable, she's has a great personality but knows how to stand her ground.  I interviewed one coordinator that was a total shrinking violet and I had trouble seeing her be assertive enough to communicate my needs should a conflict arise.

She is definately worth the money.
  • edited December 2011
    I only got the DOC package, and I agree with Tillea she is worth  $$$! 
  • edited December 2011
    I hired her as my DOC and she's been great! I'm not getting married until October, but we've been keeping communication with each other since I booked her (so it's been unlimited thus far). Like xxqemirasxx said I'm an email type of person because of work schedule, and she always responds in a timely manner. She's also honest which I appreciate. I recommend her.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    If the Ebell Club is requiring a "certified" Wedding Coordinator, you may have some difficulty finding someone in the lower range of the price spectrum who meets their criteria.  Most of the popular, budget-friendly DOCs aren't going to be certified - it's a long and expensive process - so that's definitely a question that you'll need to ask them.  You might want to find out from the Ebell Club what type of certification they require and ask around from there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Vans18Vans18 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with thecheshirekat...You need to ask what type of certification they are requiring and also ask the DOC's you are considering if they have it.

On the side of that, I am also working with Christina and she is awesome! I got the package as well and she has helped me a whole lot, from invites to RSVP's to recommendations, and confirmations of all vendors and much much more. She always replies to emails and messages very quick. HTH GL!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi, I'm working with Kami at Planned Elegance.  She is Certified and offers full or day of coordinator.  Her website addy is  www.plannedelegance.com
  • edited December 2011
    I also hired Kami as my partial planner/DOC for my Sept 2009 wedding and she was amazing.  Very friendly and a joy to work with.  I certainly feel it was one of my better decisions in my wedding planning process.
    You can email her and see if she's available on your date  plannedelegance@aol.com
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you, ladies!  Will definitely will check with The Ebell what certification they are looking for...didn't even think to ask!  I knew you guys would know....Thanks again!
    Photobucket
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG...when you guys said that Christina Molina was responsive to emails, you weren't kidding!  I emailed her about 15 min ago and she responded within 10 minutes to my inquiry!!!!

Btw...she is in the process of getting certified and will be certified in time for my wedding which will be early next year...YAY!!!! 

Thanks again for the advice, ladies!!!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Good for you:-) 
    The Blackberry has been super for vendors.  Thery can respond to emails immediately with out being in the office.  I used to wonder how my coordinator got back to me so quickly everytime. 
  • edited December 2011
    I hire Planned Elegance too!  She has kept me from losing my mind.  I have about 2 weeks left, but not feeling to stressed.  It's nice to know everything will be taken care of for you.  My Florist called and said she like the my coordinators style and wanted her info.  I'm like KEWL!!!  I"m happy to spead a good name.  Good Luck.  You're definitely making a good decision in hiring a coordinator to take over when you cant.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards