California-Los Angeles

Best month for a Newport Beach yacht reception

I was wondering what you ladies think of which month is best for a Newport Beach yacht reception. May or July? I didn't want to have a June wedding because my son is graduating that month and he will probably be having a lot of events going on. My FI and I are thinking May but I'm worried that it may be overcast. And my FI is worried that July will be too hot. Any opinions? Thanks ladies :)

Re: Best month for a Newport Beach yacht reception

• edited December 2011
    I don't think it matters too much. I'd probably pick May because I don't like it to be too hot, but that's just me! It may very well be warm then, too.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • groovysuvigroovysuvi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    May.  The overcast "June gloom" really starts in June and this year lasted until the end of July.  I would probably book for early May, before temperatures get too warm, to ensure clear skies.
  • edited December 2011
    We are shooting a Newport Beach Yacht wedding in late October this year!  July would be better because of a later sunset, but I think msmerymac is right - anytime is good!
  • edited December 2011
    i was wondering what boat you are getting married on? i am getting married on the athena yacht with electra cruises in newport harbor we are getting married jan 2012 bc its our anniversary month im not worried about the weather since its indoors anyways
    Jaime Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Oh how neat your going with electra cruises too! I'm getting married on the Electra in 2012 too! We are thinking in May! We are going with the Electra yacht. We are having a small wedding. Have fun!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards