California-Los Angeles
Options

Dim Sum Rehearsal Dinner?

FI wants this.  I don't have a lot of experience with dim sum.  Anybody on this board a little more of an "expert" in this arena that might be able to recommend some good restaurants near downtown that have a private room?

Thanks!

Re: Dim Sum Rehearsal Dinner?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I used to go to an awesome place in china-town (right by downtown) when I was at SC.  I can't remember the name, but I will look for the info for you.

Most of the time Dim Sum is for brunch though...the best places usually don't serve it for dinner.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    San Gabriel valley, baby.

The only thing is it is a LITTLE hard to get vegetarian options, usually due to translation issues with ingredients. Best of luck!
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with pp there is a really famous place in Arcadia (I don't know the name but it is on Baldwin Ave.) that has apparently the best dim sum.  The next Iron Chef Competition even did something there. I know it is kinda far from Downtown but that is my only suggestion.
  • Options
    czarinamaeczarinamae member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The one that kikikatie9 referred to is called Din Tai Fung in Arcadia and its very delicious.  Far, but delicious.  Another place that I swear by that is Zagat rated is called Empress Pavillion.  They have the best Dim Sum and are located righ in Downtown.  Only thing is Empress Pavillion only serves Dim Sum from 10 - 2pm I think, so if you are planning on having  your rehearsal outside of that time, then you may want to consider Din tai Fung, even though it's far.
    Good Luck!
    Photobucket
    Sep 2011 Siggy Challenge: Flower Inspiration
    Planning Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!  Maybe we'll have to check this place out on our own just for fun, but I've got too many people coming from out of town that will be without automobile.  FI wrote a travel guide about weird things to do in L.A. so we're going to check out some of his entries and see if we can't figure something out.  Maybe Clifton's.  I can take a photo with the moose!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards