Just Engaged and Proposals

plz help dnt kno what to do

when we 1st got  together his mother loved me. His sister and i got n2 a disagreement and noww idt she likes me very much. What should i do. PLZ HELP ME

Re: plz help dnt kno what to do

• tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_plz-dnt-kno?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:683Discussion:0372870f-7ba9-4ce4-8e04-54fa353b754bPost:42532fed-3822-477c-9449-755950da503d">plz help dnt kno what to do</a>:
    [QUOTE]when we 1st got  together his mother loved me. His sister and i got n2 a disagreement and noww idt she likes me very much. What should i do. PLZ HELP ME
    Posted by msmarci14[/QUOTE]

For starters, use the English language so people can answer your question.  There is no excuse in the world to post in this manner.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • The whole thing must have been a big misunderstanding. Is it possible you speak the way you type and they just have no idea what you're saying?

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_plz-dnt-kno?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:0372870f-7ba9-4ce4-8e04-54fa353b754bPost:8c4aa8cd-4095-4121-a75b-f49d00ffe2c2">Re: plz help dnt kno what to do</a>:
    [QUOTE]Learn to talk and type like an adult.  It'll probably help with your problem too.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

Amen to this.
  • We would really have to know more details surround the situation in order to help you any. It sounds like you are being childish and petty and should perhaps just drop the situation and let it go.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_plz-dnt-kno?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:683Discussion:0372870f-7ba9-4ce4-8e04-54fa353b754bPost:a302375a-e9da-435b-a70e-60f87440d9b2">Re: plz help dnt kno what to do</a>:
    [QUOTE]The whole thing must have been a big misunderstanding. Is it possible you speak the way you type and they just have no idea what you're saying?
    Posted by megk8oz[/QUOTE]

Ha ha ha ha
  • Ok so I think that there is absolutely no reason for being rude. We are all adults and there is no reason to down someone bcuz of the way they decide to speak/type. I also feel there is nothing wrong with abbreviating words. You ladies do things your way and I do things my way. Just so you all know I am very educated and I also know how to speak correct english. if you don't have anything positive to say to help me out then plz dnt respond thnx.
  • Then that's your problem.  If you're educated, you don't represent yourself that way.  Written representation/correspondence suggests a lot about a person.  We make snap judgments as people all the time.  You should care more about taking the time if we should take the time to take you seriously.
  • naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2010
    I always find that people who say "I am very educated" are really the least educated of all.
  •       This is an international message board so when posting on these boards you must be prepared for all types of responses. Typing in proper English is always the best way to go as not everyone will understand your abbreviations. Not every comment you get to a post will be a positive one. People are entitled to their opinions and are allowed to post what they want. If you do not want to get negative feed back then it is best not to post because you can not tell people what to and what not to post.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_plz-dnt-kno?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:683Discussion:0372870f-7ba9-4ce4-8e04-54fa353b754bPost:bb51b805-f7b0-44d8-a7bf-ebc703292237">Re: plz help dnt kno what to do</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok so I think that there is absolutely no reason for being rude. We are all adults and there is no reason to down someone bcuz of the way they decide to speak/type. I also feel there is nothing wrong with abbreviating words. You ladies do things your way and I do things my way. Just so you all know I am very educated and I also know how to speak correct english. if you don't have anything positive to say to help me out then plz dnt respond thnx.

Again, if you want to be taken seriously, you will use proper English.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • The Knot is not a text message, write properly.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Aside from the horrible text speak, you also included zero details. What kind of disagreement? Has your (BF? FI?)'s sister said she doesn't like you? Is she not speaking to you? Have you been a responsible adult and apologized or behaved childishly instead? Details are key. And so is spelling out words. Generally, exceptions are only made for terms Knotties use particularly often (example: FI=fiancé, as used above)
  • The only way we have to collect information about you is through your posts. If you write like a junior in high school or an uneducated air head we will treat you like one. Generally, educated people used capital letters, punctuation, and spell out words the was they are found in the dictionary. If you have a real person job, I suggest you don't send memos/emails this way.

Now please, tell us what is going on with the situation. We can't help you if we don't have details.

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Hmmm...I would be less concerned about the argument and more concerned about your illiteracy.  Just saying.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_plz-dnt-kno?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:0372870f-7ba9-4ce4-8e04-54fa353b754bPost:7324f641-c6c3-49ac-94a9-26522419c105">Re: plz help dnt kno what to do</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hmmm...I would be less concerned about the argument and more concerned about your illiteracy.  Just saying.
    Posted by loves2shop4shoes[/QUOTE]
    Maybe that's what the fight was about?  My family would be very angry if I was marrying an illiterate 12 year old.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Thank you knotties. This conversation made me laugh so hard that now I have to clean the carpet. I hope you're happy.

jk!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • i have the same issue goin on with me what iam doin is i have pick a date made plans to take them out for lunch and decided we will sit down have lunch and just talk...do you think she would do something like that?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_plz-dnt-kno?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:683Discussion:0372870f-7ba9-4ce4-8e04-54fa353b754bPost:faeb4cb4-14c9-488a-bf90-7390fb86da44">Re: plz help dnt kno what to do</a>:
    [QUOTE]i have the same issue goin on with me what iam doin is i have pick a date made plans to take them out for lunch and decided we will sit down have lunch and just talk...do you think she would do something like that?
    Posted by sq52612[/QUOTE]

Oh good God.

• They are multiplying!

sq, do you have something against the letter "g"??

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_plz-dnt-kno?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:683Discussion:0372870f-7ba9-4ce4-8e04-54fa353b754bPost:faeb4cb4-14c9-488a-bf90-7390fb86da44">Re: plz help dnt kno what to do</a>:
    [QUOTE]i have the same issue goin on with me what iam doin is i have pick a date made plans to take them out for lunch and decided we will sit down have lunch and just talk...do you think she would do something like that?
    Posted by sq52612[/QUOTE]

Are they multiplying?

OP - If you want serious responses, you have to type like an adult. There isn't a word limit (at least I don't think there is because I've seen some long a** posts) so there's no need to abbreviate and type in text speak. The only thing we know about you is what you type, and if you type like a 13 year old, we're going to think you are one.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_plz-dnt-kno?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:683Discussion:0372870f-7ba9-4ce4-8e04-54fa353b754bPost:478b3e57-f54d-4ee2-9e64-f0ef545cd3ca">Re: plz help dnt kno what to do</a>:
    [QUOTE]The only thing we have to base our opinion of you on is a written medium.  <strong>I never understand why I'm supposed to automatically assume that everyone is a real-to-life full-growed-up adult with a high education level, who conducts themselves with proper etiquette and social graces, and just happens to choose THIS community to type like an illiterate 13 year old.</strong> If your problem isn't actually worth taking the time to type out full words and provide coherent sentences, then why on earth is it worth MY time to try to decipher text speak that my 18 yr old brother couldn't easily read so that I can help you?
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Ok so may I should explain my 1st post
    1ST=FIRST
    IDT= I DON'T THINK
    N2= IN TO
    PLZ=PLEASE
    Smile
    Again ladies there's no need to be rude. We all text and everything I stated in my original post ALL of you wre very capable of reading. Now as far as details, I feel there is no reason to go in to details about the situation. All I asked you ladies was what would you do if the relationship between you and his mother changed due to someone else. If you have no POSITIVE response again I ask that you don't comment. Thnx=THANKS
  • <p>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_plz-dnt-kno?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:683Discussion:0372870f-7ba9-4ce4-8e04-54fa353b754bPost:34c1b8f9-f179-4dc1-8297-ead01ddaac6f">Re: plz help dnt kno what to do</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok so may I should explain my 1st post 1ST=FIRST IDT= I DON'T THINK N2= IN TO PLZ=PLEASE Again ladies there's no need to be rude. <strong>We all text</strong> and everything I stated in my original post ALL of you wre very capable of reading. Now as far as details, I feel there is no reason to go in to details about the situation. All I asked you ladies was what would you do if the relationship between you and his mother changed due to someone else. <strong>If you have no POSITIVE response again I ask that you don't comment.</strong> Thnx=THANKS

No, we don't all text. Some of us use our big-girl words all the time.</p><p>This is a public message board and you aren't the Knot police; you don't get to dictate how people can respond to your posts.</p>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_plz-dnt-kno?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:683Discussion:0372870f-7ba9-4ce4-8e04-54fa353b754bPost:34c1b8f9-f179-4dc1-8297-ead01ddaac6f">Re: plz help dnt kno what to do</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok so may I should explain my 1st post 1ST=FIRST IDT= I DON'T THINK N2= IN TO PLZ=PLEASE Again ladies there's no need to be rude. We all text and everything I stated in my original post ALL of you wre very capable of reading. Now as far as details, I feel there is no reason to go in to details about the situation. All I asked you ladies was what would you do if the relationship between you and his mother changed due to someone else. If you have no POSITIVE response again I ask that you don't comment. Thnx=THANKS

I don't think its an issue of people being able to figure out what your abbreviations mean as much as it is about the strangeness of treating an internet forum like a text message. hgdsfjdsre = thank you.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_plz-dnt-kno?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:0372870f-7ba9-4ce4-8e04-54fa353b754bPost:34c1b8f9-f179-4dc1-8297-ead01ddaac6f">Re: plz help dnt kno what to do</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok so may I should explain my 1st post 1ST=FIRST IDT= I DON'T THINK N2= IN TO PLZ=PLEASE Again ladies there's no need to be rude. We all text and everything I stated in my original post ALL of you wre very capable of reading. Now as far as details, I feel there is no reason to go in to details about the situation. All I asked you ladies was what would you do if the relationship between you and his mother changed due to someone else. <strong>If you have no POSITIVE response again I ask that you don't comment. </strong>Thnx=THANKS
    You can't dictate how people respond to your post. Stomping your feet and making demands will only get you more "negative" comments. <div>
    </div><div>That being said, his mother will always love her children more than she will love you. If you pissed off his sister, you should be prepared to deal with the consequences and figure out a way to make up. . . then the mother might like you again. </div>
  • Ok if that's the case then exactly why are you ladies coming at me the way you are. You're right, I am not THEKNOT police, and neither are any of you. So AGAIN plz don't leave any negitive comments. Have a great day.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_plz-dnt-kno?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:683Discussion:0372870f-7ba9-4ce4-8e04-54fa353b754bPost:34c1b8f9-f179-4dc1-8297-ead01ddaac6f">Re: plz help dnt kno what to do</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok so may I should explain my 1st post 1ST=FIRST IDT= I DON'T THINK N2= IN TO PLZ=PLEASE Again ladies there's no need to be rude. We all text and everything I stated in my original post ALL of you wre very capable of reading. <strong>Now as far as details, I feel there is no reason to go in to details about the situation.</strong> All I asked you ladies was what would you do if the relationship between you and his mother changed due to someone else. If you have no POSITIVE response again I ask that you don't comment. Thnx=THANKS

Translation... whatever happened was completely my fault.

Oh, I'm sorry... wutevA hapnd wz complEtlE my fault.
  • If we want to encourage the use of proper English on this message board, isn't the best way to do so to ignore posts that are written carelessly, and only respond to those written correctly? The kind of people we want to post - people who lurk, learn how things operate here, and read other people's posts - will learn what kind of posts get replies and what get ignored. The text-message types and trolls will fail entirely.

Anyway, msmarci14: every situation is different. If, for example, you disagreed with his sister about the wedding date and she began telling your FMIL nasty rumors about you, that would elicit much different advice than if his sister confronted you about a drug abuse problem. If you want any constructive advice, and not just attention, then yes, you need to expand on the situation. If you don't want to tell people more, don't expect anything helpful.
    Visit Purple.weddings.com
  • megk8ozmegk8oz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2010

If you continue to post like a petulant, illiterate child, I can assure you that you will not be finding whatever validation you're apparently looking for here.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards