Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

HELP wedding date issues :(

My Fiance and I have thought about Sept 3rd 2011 for our wedding since we first had the '5 years from now discussion' That date has a cute meaning for us but I completly forgot my 1/2 sister and BM's birthday is Sept 4 not to mention Labor day is Sept 5th... Should we just give up on this date and choose something else? Suggestions please!! OH and I can't talk to my sister about it because she would act like it doesn't matter even if it did

Re: HELP wedding date issues :(

• Options
    That's fine. Some people might miss out because of doing other things over the long weekend, but some people might actually find it easier to travel. The birthday thing is not important, especially since it's not even the same actual day. The only thing I'd suggest is to make sure to send out STDs since some people might otherwise make plans for that weekend.
  • Options
    Thank you :)
  • Options
    My Brother got married on our Nieces b-day.  Granted she was pissed about it at the time (, but she was a teen then.)  In fact she, in return, got married on my brother and sister's b-day (they aren't twins, just share the date) and they were both in her wedding party!  My brother didn't care.  My sister was only annoyed because my niece was so pissed about it and then did it.  

The day you're talking about is the day before their b-day.  Therefore they get to attend a great party the day before and do whatever they want on their actual day.  I don't think it's a big deal.  You should do (within reason) what makes you happy.
  • Options
    Don't worry about someone else's birthday. It's not like you're maliciously setting your wedding date to upstage other's birthdays! Adults can handle it.  

Besides, if you do book it for that date, you could make a nice gesture by having the DJ or band leader announce birthdays.  I went to a friend's wedding that fell on her brother's birthday.  She surprised him with a birthday cake.  It was really sweet, everyone sang happy birthday to him! 
  • Options
    Understand some people might not be able to make it.  Send Save the date cards right after Labor Day this year if you can because it's a long holiday weekend. 
  • Options
    My cousin got married on my dad's birthday (her uncle). It was also Labor Day. It really did not matter.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    People get married on holiday weekends all of the time. I wouldn't worry about it. In fact, as I've been calling around for sites, the holiday weekends seem to book first and fast.

Ask her if she'd mind your wedding following her birthday. It's not the same day, and she probably wouldn't mind anyways.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards