Just Engaged and Proposals

just engaged and already dealing with issues-- Help!

Hi! I am about one week engaged and already dealing with the headache of being engaged. Both my fiance and I are students and so my parents are helping out with paying for the wedding. Due the hectic schedule of both my fiance and my career, a few of our classmates suggested a wedding planner because they can actually help stay in budget and find you ways to save money. Is that true? If so, do you recommend anyone in the DC area? Not a rich DC elite which seems like a lot of these wedding planners cater to :P. My parents are the other hand are stubbornly resistant on getting a planner because they think it's ridiculous.  They are even resistant to weekend of/day of planners, but I'm positive I will at least hire for the weekend. Help! I want to enjoy my engagement and have not been and the wedding has seem to put my family in agony.

Re: just engaged and already dealing with issues-- Help!

• Hiring a wedding planner can definitely take some of the stress off of you and your FI (and your parents!). If you need recs for planners, post on your local DC board (it's in the drop down menu on the main boards page).
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • IMO, hiring a wedding planner is just more money out of my budget. BUT, if you do not have the time to plan the wedding yourself and do your own research into the most cost-effective things, then maybe it would help. Just keep in mind that wedding planners typically cost about 25% of your budget...or so I've heard.
    - Rachel

Married 11/6/10

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards