Just Engaged and Proposals

I'm moving up in the world!

Hey everyone!

I just moved up from the "not engaged yet" board to the "just engaged" board! Can't say that there has ever been a time in my life where I've been happier and more ready to move on with my life! Now all that's left to do is plan the wedding, but the FIANCÉ (wow, sounds way different than boyfriend...) and I have decided to wait 2 years before we get married so it sounds like I'm going to have to learn a lot of patience. ;) any tips?  

Re: I'm moving up in the world!

• I've had to get used to saying fiance instead of boyfriend. Not complaining, it's just that I'm so used to calling him my boyfriend.

I've heard the time will fly by. Two years will certainly be enough time to plan. If you have a demanding job or some other obligation, you might wonder where the time went.

Anyway, congrats!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congratulations!

My advice is to just enjoy being engaged for a while.  Since you two have already decided to wait a little while, just enjoy it.  Planning can get stressful and people always want to know what you've done since getting engaged.  Just respond with, "We're just enjoying our time being engaged for now.  We only get to be engaged for a short time we we're basking in it for now!"
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My BF and I are planning on a two year engagement as well (one which should commence any fricking day now) and I'm really looking forward to it.  Plus, I'm not the most organized person in the world, so a long time to plan will be a major blessing.  Also, I can save a litle money and have a nicer wedding.  So, I think you're in a great situation, and I second what PP said about just enjoying the engagement.  Two years seems like a long time, but in the grand scheme of your life and marriage, it's nothing.
  • Congrats and welcome to the board!
  • Congrats!

Definitely enjoy your engagement, it will go by so fast, esp the last 6 months of it or so. Don't worry about having a long engagement, you have the rest of your life to be married.
  • Congrats and FI and I are doing a two year engagement and we are closing in on a year out. For the first year or so do all your research that way when a year out comes around you will have all your ducks in a row to start meeting with people and start planning.
  • Thanks everyone!

I'm going to take you up on your great advice!
  • Congrats!!!!
    I agree completely with PPs. My fiance and I chose to do the 2 year engagement as well and are at just a year left. We just truely wanted to enjoy being engaged. When else in your life will you be able to say fiance? You'll have the rest of your life to call him your Husband, so you may as well enjoy this step. As another previous poster said, take this time to research exactly what you want and check out the boards on here. They're a huge help! It's also nice, if some of your friends are getting married, to pick their brains for advice during this time. They can be alot of help.
    Enjoy your engagement and congrats again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards