Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

What made it special?

When your FI/DH proposed, what made the moment special?

Was it the place? The day? Something he did?

Let me know.

My FI proposed infront of my family on Christmas day, as opposed to the week before when we went to Niagara Falls. The fact that he waited made it very special to me. (He knows how much I love my family)

Jes
<*>My Blog<*> Updated Sept. 20 My BFP Chart
Started TTC July 2010 ~ Diagnosed with Hypothyroidism April 2011 ~ BFP 5.10.11 EDD 1.16.12
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: What made it special?

• Options
    He proposed at our alma mater which was really cute.  It was where we met and fell in love so it was special to us.
  • Options
    The fact that my little brothers were there to witness it. I'm really close to my family and I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    My son helped FI pick out the engagement ring and he kept it a secret from me - which is amazing in and of itself.  He also proposed in front of my son.  It was lovely.
  • Options
    FI proposed to me while we were tailgating for a college football game. College football is quite possibly my favorite thing in the entire world, and he got me tickets to a game that was REALLY hard to get tickets to. All of our friends were there. So I guess the place was special (the campus where we both attended college) and the fact that he got me tickets to that game made it extra super special.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    Awwww, they are all great stories!

Lets hear some more!!!!!
    Started TTC July 2010 ~ Diagnosed with Hypothyroidism April 2011 ~ BFP 5.10.11 EDD 1.16.12
  • Options
    aww... that he was himself when he proposed.  I don't know if he had a speech planned or not, but all he managed to get out was "I want to marry you."  It makes me smile just thinking about how he said it.  I'll remember it forever.
  • Options
    Just him proposing was special! It was very simple, on NYE after we watched the ball drop he got down on one knee and proposed, It was really cute because he didn't even have the ring out it was still wrapped in the box it came in and he was holding it in his hand. It looked like a small present.
    Thinking about it, it was his face, I don't think I've ever seen him smile so big and look so excited.
  • Options
    That he put in so much effort to set it up and that he thought about me while doing it. He knows I love Christmas so he put the ring in an ornament and hung it on the tree. Sounds simple until you take into account the fact that we were at my parents house for Christmas and he wanted to do it with just the two of us without everyone else knowing what was going on.
  • Options
    That he got so nervous he couldn't do it when he planned too!  I knew it was coming soon (we were using a family heirloom ring and I knew he had gotten it from my mom) and expected it to happen one night.  He didn't propose and I was a little bummed but figured it would happen.  We were having a big family dinner with my side of the family the next day.  That morning I got showered first and was in the bedroom getting ready.  He came in to the bedroom in his boxers, got on one knee and said " I guess we should get this over with, will you marry me?".  I was like "WHAT??? What do you mean get this over with???" he got all embarassed.  He made a better proposal, I accepted, and we headed to lunch.  My whole family was waiting outside for us because apparently he had told them ALL he was going to propose the night before!  My mom told me later that she and my best friend had waited up 1/2 the night for me to call.  It was a memorable time for all of us.
  • Options
    My birthday is Christmas Day and he was planning to propose on Christmas Eve, which I'm not into. I knew he had the ring just didn't know when he was actually going to propose. He ended up getting to exxcited and proposed in our apartment on Halloween before we headed to a party. What made it so cute was he didn't know what to say when I walked into the room.
  • Options
    It was just so "us."  He proposed on Valentine's Day and used his gift as the cover.  He wrapped the gift up 3 times because he's silly like that.  He got me a couple books he thought I'd like, which was thoughtful.  Then he proposed using a card that had a silly picture of a squirrel on it (an inside joke).
    ~How long do you want to be loved? Is forever enough?~
    My Planning Bio (last updated 10/6/12)

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    he gave me a printed photo book that was the story of us. I now have that to keep forever! it was super sweet
  • Options
    He made up an elaborate side story for the nights plans....although I kinda knew it was coming because my dad had called a couple of days earlier saying that he wanted to have lunch to "discuss a job opportunity" - thanks dad! lol - but he played it off well. The best part was that he thought of everything - I had to be at work the next day so he reserved a hotel room, packed everything he knew I would need and picked out an outfit for me to wear to work the next day. The most memorable part was that he had to spit out the gum I had given him when he met me so he could actually get the words out during the proposal (he later stepped in the gum) PRICELESS!!!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I got proposed to when I least expected it! FI called me on my way home from work and asked that I call when I pulled up to our street before heading inside our apt. building. I had a hunch something was up but had no idea what it was. As soon as I was able to walk through the door, both of our cats started meowing, lol. He had placed his grandma's wedding band on one of our cats collars and asked me to look at the collar. Little brat cat w/collar walked off, hah! He grabbed the collar, took the ring off and got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I had tears rolling down my face; he then had to ask which hand to put the ring on since he's a lefty :)
    ~~~Lynsey~~~
  • Options
    He asked us in front of our best friends, who have been with us through some very hard times recently.  They helped him pick out the ring, and have just been generally supportive of us when some people in our lives (church community) have not been.  It was absolutely perfect and I wouldn't have had it any other way.

***raise your glass if you are wrong in all the right ways***
    oh noes, sweetpea UPDATED her planning bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I had showed him a ring that I liked (just when looking at ads because we had already talked about getting married) and saw that it was on sale, like less than  1/3 of the price! I was just joking when I showed him the ad. My mom and I left his house and apparently him and his mom talked and went to get the ring the next day. He waited a month to propose after getting the ring (which was hard since we tell each other everything). It was our 3 year anniversary and he got me flowers and took me to dinner. When he told me he still had one more surprise I got suspicious. He took me to this place where we could walk under the stars and the moon was so bright. It was beautiful! The fact that he was so nervous and he put a lot of thought into the proposal was amazing. Makes me smile every time I think about it.
  • Options
    The fact that he managed to completely surprise me and the trouble he went through to have it all set up. He proposed on my birthday when we wen out to dinner and had them put it on a special tray ( I was expecting dessert). So while the waiter was putting it in front of me I was confused and just as I was about to look at him, he was on one knee and asked me to marry him. I never expected it and he got the exact ring that I wanted.
    We laugh now when he tells me how he had to trick me to start talking about what kind of ring I want (told me his friend wanted to propose but didn't know what kind of ring, what do I think) and figure out the right size and how to surprise me.
    The whole thing was completelly romantic and I couldn't have imagined it better myself.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    My FI wanted to have a Christmas just the two of us because we were going to be spending soo much time with family and friends so I told him ok but you have to plan it because I already had made all the other holiday plans. He planed a whole day for just the two of us and he wouldn't tell me anything about what we were doing! We went out to sushi(kind of our thing) went to a museum, stayede at a historic hotel the works. He even had my best freind her now fiance my parents and my brother in on it and I never knew. It was so special because of how much thought he put into it to really be things that are special to us, and asking my family for permission cause he knew how important that was to me!
  • Options
    I love hearing all about the proposals! They are all so great!

And we made it a hot topic!!!!

Come on ladies! You know you want to!

Jesi
  • Options

He did it over an annual trip to Big Bear, on the drive up, in the snow as it was dumping on us. My Mom was there to take pictures and share in our moment and the rest of my family helped us celebrate later!
    Here's the funny part: He proposed on Friday the 13th, his name is Jason and we were driving to a cabin in the woods!! HAHA! I love that part of my engagement story!

• Options
    It was special for several reasons.  He drove all the way from PA to NH (where I was on vacay at our family cottage.  He couldn't get the time off work, but urged me to go anyway), brought my recently moved back from Alabama bff and her FI, and coordinated with my family to get it all set up. 

He worked really hard to make it perfect, and it was special bc of that.  And bc my whole family was there as well.  We were ahving a cookout and playing beer pong down on the beach after sunset, and seeing my 62 year old father play beer pong was priceless to me.  (I should've known something was up when he and mom showed up, lol). 
  • Options
    The thing that makes it so special to me is, that he was himself when he proposed. His friends were trying to get him to propose in front of a ton of strangers. He was going to get up on stage and ask me to marry him, which is so not him. He made it very sweet:)
  • Options
    Fi envolved my parents in it. I had no clue. We went to dinner and he asked if we could stop at a party. So we went to the Heldrich hotel to the penthouse suite. There were over a hundred lit candles, roses petels, flowers and balloons every where in the suite. On the table he lead me to see the star that he had purchased off the star registry and named it "eternity" (he told me all of it was for an early v-day, it was jan 31st.) I turned to him and said nothing could make it better. He goes Marry me. at that point he got down on one knee and asked again. Once I said yes for the third time he pulled out the ring. we toasted and a knock came on the door and in walked my parents and his mother and brother. They had set up the whole thing while i was at work that day.
  • Options
    WOW! Theres so many special stories here!

Well the way my fiance made it special was pretty cool!
    I had kinda known he was going to propose but I didn't know when because he had gone and talked to my dad about 2 or 3 days before he actually proposed, and we had been talking about it like non stop for a couple of weeks before that (little did I know it was because he allready had the ring and had been holding it in his hand every time we talked) He told me that it was going to be a while because he didn't have a job and had no money for a ring and i was like well duh thats fine

On tuesday May 19th exactly 2 months to the day since he gave me my promise ring, we drove out to vilano beach with plans to take pictures because his best friend had pictures of his girlfriend all over his room and he had none *wink wink* 
    So we drove to the beach trying to make it there by sunrise so it was my plans to get up at 4 (not an early morning person) And I got a call from him at 3:55 (and he's even MORE not a mornign person! So I was kinda suspicous that he was up allready and HYPER, On the way down there we stoped for breakfast and realized that we weren't going to make sunrise... but that it might not matter anyways it was poorind down rain and the wind was blowing really hard....
    We got there and parked the car and looked out on the beach, We were in sorta dress clothes and had some really nice clothes in the back to change into, However, It was blowing winds of about 70MPH and raining like cats and dogs,
    So We were both like now what? Then just all of the sudden right then and there he said, well.... this was supposed to happen on the beach, and he who was driving crawled up in the drivers seat and got on 1 knee awkwardly and said I love you so much... Marry me? It was sweet because it was totaly silly and completely and 100% him! I could never had asked for anything more! Because now I have a funny story to tell our future kids and grandkids!
    A love like this doesn't happen but once in a lifetime and I'm so happy that it happened in mine. Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I love them all!!!! 

Lets keep it going!!!!

Jesi
  • Options
    It was us - completely.

We were walking around the lake by his place to go to the restaurant on the other side of the lake for dinner.  We split a pizza (it was a fancy pizza, Chicago style, my favorite - Fatty's special, no mushrooms), he proposed over gelato. 

Then we walked back to his place going along the lake - like had done so many times, but everything seemed so new.
  • Options
    The fact that my fiance took me away for the weekend to our favorite place with the intention to propose to me that weekend but without any idea when he would actually pop the question.  He waited until the right moment and just did it.  He proposed to me on the beach in the winter and got down on one knee in the snow on the beach.  it was amazing.  He threw me off because I hate the cold and the winter and I didn't think that he would propose to me during the winter.  He later told me that he wanted me to relate the cold to something good so that I don't hate the winter so much anymore.  Everything about the proposal was perfect and I couldn't have asked for anything more!
  • Options
    My FI is my partner in all things, my best friend - not to mention my backcountry ski partner. Adam taught me how to ski, how to climb, how to dream. I was a city girl before I met him. He asked me to challenge myself, to grow in new directions, to become someone he saw buried inside, someone I never knew existed.
    Every weekend, if there is snow on the ground, we are climbing some mountain, somewhere with our skis strapped to our backs, ready for a sunrise descent.
    The week before christmas, he proposed to me atop our favorite ski descent, just as the sun was rising. After nearly an hour of hard climbing, the last thing I was expecting as I strapped my skis to my feet was him, falling to one knee. Miles of snow and mountains glistening in the morning sun. Absolute silence and solitute. Everything that brought us together, everything that holds us together and reminds us what is most important - blue skies, snow, and him - everything that inspires and enriches my life. What could be better? And then, after saying yes, getting to ski down with him by my side! How fabulous.
  • Options
    The fact he asked my dad beforehand, and that he proposed at the Top of the Rock in NY. I love New York so much, there was no better place for it to happen.

And the fact he had personalised the ring, well, Ive got something quite unique thats personal to me, and me alone :)
  • Options
    We were on a trip to NY just after Thanksgiving - doing all the holiday stuff, Santa at Macy's, etc.  I had a feeling he was planning to propose, and he knew I suspected, but I didn't know when.  By the last night of the trip, I was thinking I was wrong- no proposal, actually had me look at rings in Tiffany's (all the while I'm thinking, crap, didn't you already buy one?!).  We went to dinner, then saw the Rockettes.  Afterward, I was cold, it was raining, my feet hurt, and I just wanted to go to the hotel and go to bed, but he said lets take a cab and have a drink at one of the places in the main hall of Grand Central.  This is pretty crazy, b/c that is my favorite place in NY and I'd always wanted to go to one of those restaurants, but he didn't know that! 

At this point, I'm not even thinking about him proposing, and he said lets go for a walk in the station.  We start walking down one of the hallways where there are georgeous chandeliers that I love, no one else is there, and he just stops.  I turn around like, come on, I'm tired, let's get movin, and he takes one step forward and then drops to his knee.  Poor guy was so stressed - carried the ring around all weekend waiting for the right moment, and I don't know if it was excitement or fear or just relief but he cried like a baby.  It was perfect, because he took all my comments on others' engagnement stories that I'd made over the years - what I liked, didn't like, and nailed it.
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards