Just Engaged and Proposals

about to propose help on what to say

i have the ring i have the place and time picked. just need to work on the words.

we are going to NY to Rockafeller senter to see the tree after going to central park and times square, she has mentioned many times that getting proposed to at rockafeller is a dream of hers and i just dont wanna ruin her dream.

she has no idea that this is happenning, ive already gotten her parents blessing and permission, and she doesnt thinks its gonna happen till atleast spring.

HELP!!!

Re: about to propose help on what to say

• Just say what's in your heart. Tell her what you love about her and then pop the question. Good luck!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I agree, just be honest and keep it simple. She will be surprised (as you say) and it will be a great memory whatever you say. Don't worry about making it "perfect" just speak from the heart.
  • My husband literally got down on one knee and said 'Will you Marry Me?'
    No speech, that was it. If you want to say something special, but you're worried about fumbling over your words, when you get married you could consider writing your own vows. That's what we did, and he was much more comfortable being able to read from a piece of paper.
  • Let it come for the heart. I didn't even get a Will You Marry Me?, all I got was a knee.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Just say what you love about her and your relationship or how your life has changed because of her. That sort of thing.

If all else fails, if your on one knee with a ring I think she'll get the point. :)
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I think whatever you say will be fine.  My FI kept it really simple......we were on a cliff overlooking the beach at sunset and I was taking photos and he was behind me.  He said "Hey, Sara......"  I turned around and he was on one knee holding something sparkly and said, "I love you, will you marry me?"  It was simple and sweet and I loved it.
  • I didn't even remember what my fiance said because I was so excited and jumpy as soon as he started talking! I remember the word eternity. haha. that's about it. I also didn't even say yes! Just general positive head shaking and lots of kissing and hugging
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_about-to-propose-help-on-what-to-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:2b7ebebf-295a-466a-a0f4-f3b23bd7fa25Post:df5bac02-0452-4ca7-b1df-fbe390e82dfa">Re: about to propose help on what to say</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I didn't even remember what my fiance said because I was so excited</strong> and jumpy as soon as he started talking! I remember the word eternity. haha. that's about it. I also didn't even say yes! Just general positive head shaking and lots of kissing and hugging
    Posted by cbatt[/QUOTE]

Me too! He spent months practicing in the mirror and I don't have any idea what he said.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards