Just Engaged and Proposals

Engagement Party/House warming party

So my fiance and I are thinking about having an engagement party, we are currently in the process of buying a house hopefully we will know by early this next week if everything has gone through as planned. But I have never known anyone to have an engagement party and we were thinking maybe we could just combine both parties since most people whom we would invite to the housewarming party would also be invited to the engagement party and wedding. Do you think this is an acceptable idea?

Re: Engagement Party/House warming party

• I don't know the etiquette on housewarming parties, but engagement parties are not thrown by the couple.  It is a party that someone else's hosts for the couple.

You don't need an engagement party.  It is really meant as a time for the two families to meet.  I would just have a housewarming party and leave it at that.
    My Grandparents on their wedding day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    bio
    Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.
  • Like pp said, an engagement party is not thrown by the couple. Someone else has to host it. Just have a housewarming party.

Planning Bio
    Married 9/15/11

*This is Not Legal Advice*
  • Ok Thanks guys! My MOH was wanting me to have an engagement party and I was just not sure about what goes on with all of that. Thanks for everyone's help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards