Just Engaged and Proposals

Just got Engaged... My Story

I just turned the big 40 January 20th 2011, and wasn't gracefully accepting this new big number of age well at all. The weekend of my 40th my bestie decided to throw me a surprise party with just a few friends and aquantinces. As much as I truly didn't want one, I was very suprised and the night turned out great. A week later I was asked by my sister-in-laws mother if we would attend my sister-in-laws birthday dinner at our local restaurant and without hesitation we accepted the invitation. The night of the party I we made it to the restaurant right on time. My brother-in-law was outside as we arrived and walked us to where we were sitting, and opened the doors. Having no clue in the world, there were 60 of my closest friends and family members throwing me 'the real' Surprise 40th Birthday party for me!! They got me, each and everyone who played a part in hiding all this from me! I was stoked and embraced this pleasure with open arms. Partying hard, and dancing the night away, it was finally time to cut the cake. Everyone sang Happy Birthday to me and we waited for the knife to cut the cake. Suddenly my boyfriend took the microphone and made an annoucement thanking everyone for coming out and making my night special, but there was something more that would make the night even better. He got down on one knee and reached into his pocket pulled out a ring and asked me then in front of all my family and friends if I would be his wife!!! Words cannot describe how shocked I was.... After saying oh my god over and over, a few people said "answer him" "answer him" .... I did and I said YES!!! This was the first time in all of my life, I finally got something I had long awaited for and truly thought would never happen.... my Best Friend and I are getting Married!!!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards