Just Engaged and Proposals

Not seeing eye to eye

My finace proposed while we were on vacation and then threw a suprise engagement party that night and invited a small group of friends to join us at the hotel.  When we got home there were so many requests to see us and the ring that we became overwhelmed.  We have decided to have an engagement gathering with no gifts at a local bar.  We aren't doing anything special just ordering pizza and  veggie trays.  Booze will be on the guest.  He is keeping it very informal and I feel like we should do a little something to the room to decorate.  Since we already had our engagement party should I be that worried about decorations?  I guess this is really just a reason for us to all get together and mingle.
Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: Not seeing eye to eye

• not sure what you had in mind when it comes to decorations. i think they are not at all necessary, but if its something that you want to do- why not?
    Photobucket
  • no decorations-its a bar
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Okay,  I'll forget about it then.  Thank you!!
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Yeah I wouldnt even worry about decorations. I would just be happy that youre having and engagement party plus a get together with friends. We didn't have either.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I agree. . skip decorating. . its in a bar so truthfully I think your hard work on them would go unnoticed (sadly). Just enjoy being engaged and getting to have a 'party' with friends and family.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I agree with not having decorations. 

The only decorations I like are centerpieces. I hate all streamers and balloons and banners unless it's a child's birthday party.  And  think centerpieces are too formal for a bar, so no.

Abigail Rose, EDD 6/8/13 BabyFetus Ticker

Nose Job Blog
  • Congrats on your engagement! I am excited for you! 

Try to take a few deep breaths! I understand how overwhelming it can be with all the questions, but learn to enjoy them! People are excited for you! They don't mean to be so abrasive. 

This is an emotional time for us brides-to-be's! It's hard not to worry about the little details. After all we have dreamed about this moment for our entire lives! However, our fiances are wired a little differently! They just want to have fun and live in the moment! I too am having a simple engagement party! Although I always pictured something a little more fancy I am excited nonetheless! I just want to share this moment in my life with my family and friends.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards