Just Engaged and Proposals

Engaged One Week as of Today!

Last Friday my (then boyfriend) and I made a trip to Austin for his birthday weekend.  We live in Dallas so Austin is a fun getaway place for us.  The hill country begins on the west side of town and the highest peak is called Mount Bonell.  Now, this is Texas, so it's not like it's Mount Everest or anything, you just drive up quite a ways and then walk up a tall staircase to get to the top.  From there you can see the entire Austin skyline and the Colorado River.  It's absolutely beautiful and we try to go everytime we'e in town.  Because it's one of our favorite places to go it didn't seem out of the ordinary at all to head there when we got to town.  As we were walking around taking pictures, I turned my back to him for a moment.  He said 'Babe, babe', so I turned around and there he was on one knee!  I thought he had fallen and needed help at first and then it slowly dawned on me what was happening.  He asked me to marry him and I said yes! 

He completely caught me off guard and he picked the perfect place for us to have that memory.  Mount Bonell is a State Park so we'll be able to visit for the rest of our lives. 

Nothing planned in stone yet, but we're aiming for June of 2012.  I'm so excited!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards