Just Engaged and Proposals

Birthday Cakes & Apples to Apples?

Hello Everyone!

We got engaged on Saturday and I thought it would be fitting to have my first post within this section!

I must admit, that I had NO idea my boyfriend of five years was going to propose as he did it at his 30th birthday party, which I threw! We rented a beach house on Long Beach Island, NJ and I was so busy making sure everything was perfect, I didn't notice things that are now blatantly obvious! 

Now, onto the story... We were fortunate enough to have both of our families and our closest friends come to celebrate the bday and my boyfriend really wanted to play Apples to Apples (a favorite of ours) against our siblings. We began to play and I was busily dissecting the dymanics between his older twin sisters (age 36) and my sisters (they are much older than I am, 45 & 49)... we went a few rounds and Mike asked me if I could get him a fresh beer (now mind you, I look at him and am like "seriously??) but because it was his bday, I did it (this was all part of his plan). I came back and everyone told me it was my turn to be the judge and the word was "overdue". I pick up everyones cards and start skimming the various nouns... and the second card in said "will you marry me?"

I immediately freaked out, our families started clapping, he got on one knee and did his thing! The minute the ring was on my finger, my niece walked in with 2 dozen roses and our other nieces and nephews came in with 70 lilies (my favorite flower)! In addition, we have an english bulldog (the love of our lives) and he came in with engraved champagne flutes on his harness and a vineyard vines bowtie on. 

The lily pollen got all over my face which was hilarious!

To say I was surprised was an understatement... my fiancee went above and beyond anything I could imagine. I actually didn't realize that the other cards were custom unti l25 minutes later and all the siblings were in on the plan! Our families and closest friends were together to celebrate with us and I still can't believe it has happened! 

I am excited to venture onto these boards and look forward to planning our TriBlanc (our nickname) wedding!

Re: Birthday Cakes & Apples to Apples?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards