Just Engaged and Proposals

engagement ring on clearance

my FI and I have been engaged about a month and we wanted to wait to buy my e-ring until we had a bit more disposable income.  we've been living together for 4 years and we have a joint bank account so really it's the two of us paying for it, so cost matters!  :)

peoples jewellers (in canada) is having a clearance sale at 50% off, with an extra 20% off selected clearance items, last day being saturday

have any of you had any luck purchasing your e-ring on clearance?  anyone here from canada seen a peoples sale and know if it's any good?  i'm afraid to get my hopes up!

Re: engagement ring on clearance

• My fiance bought my e-ring from peoples. They have great jewellery, but i haven't seen what they have on clearance lately. It's hard to say what they have on clearance unless you go to the store.
  • You should be leery of e rings that are being advertised with such big discounts. Usually that means that the original price was just hyped up. You should educate yourself on diamonds before you do any shopping.
  • Congrats, I say go look, you never know what you might find.
  • People's isn't bad, but it is a conglomerate - whether that's a plus or a minus is up to you :). It's simply re-branded Zales. So if you want to see what they carry and some very approximate price points, check out the Zales US website instead.

I live in Canada, and my ring was bought on a very good sale (he already knew which one I wanted, it just happened to go on sale at the right time) and I love it. It means we have a couple hundred dollars more to play with now for the wedding. It's still got the same warranty, etc that every other ring does, it was just less expensive.
  • Sale/clearance=even better!
    A ring shouldn't break the bank. I hope you find one that you love and at a good price too :)
    IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards