Just Engaged and Proposals

Anyone feeling overly emotional about everything?

I am just curious if anyone else has felt or is feeling very sensitive since the engagement?... especially in regard to friends or family

Re: Anyone feeling overly emotional about everything?

• I know that I am for sure! It has been really hard for me and I find myself having little cry fests every once in awhile, although I hate to admit that, but I do.... I think its mostly because I lost my grandma almost two years ago and its really hard not having her here because we were really close and i'm so overwhelmed with everything that you have to do to plan a wedding.

Also when some people that I am friends with or used to be really close with ask me about the wedding I find I get really emotional for some reason. I don't know if its because I feel bad they aren't coming to the wedding (I want a smaller wedding) or what.??

you are not alone!
  • Yes, totally! I cried during Bride Wars to start the day we got engaged. And now I frequently tear up just thinking about things. But all in a good happy tears kind of way so far.
  • Of course! I cry at least twice every week over something-pretty much anything having to deal with the wedding. The planning [it can be painful], the daydreaming [I can't wait for the day!] So of course! It's only natural to be emotional, this is a very important day!
  • Oh my gosh.  I am so glad you posted this.  I just got engaged yesterday.  I am so happy but at the same time just so emotionally overwhelmed.  It's such a huge change mentally.  I was expecting to feel constant elation, like all the pieces of my life were falling into place.  Instead I feel like the rug was pulled out from under me.  Woah!

Glad to know I'm not alone.  Hang in there ladies.  I'm sure everything will settle on an even keel soon!
  • Thank you all for all your responses! I wish even more people would respond. I think the thing about the rug being pulled out from under you is such an accurate way to describe it.  Congratulations btw!!!
  • Hi! Glad to read this post. I've been engaged for almost 3 months, and felt very, very emotional the first few weeks. I guess I still am because I just got a call that the bridal salon needs to cancel my appointment because they are remodeling and I almost started to cry on the phone with the salewoman!!! I'm pathetic! (I had to wait a long time for my Mom to find a date she could travel to my city to look AND I just almost cried at work trying to get the day off to do it!!) Thanks for listening :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I got really emotional when my girls had to cancel dress shopping, it wasn't a big deal and I understand (one's pregnant and work issue with the other), but I was still bummed. And I get really emotional thinking about my dad giving me away, and the father daughter dance.
    siggya>
  • Last week I had a little bit of a melt down. We were not planning on having a dance (trying to save the money for other things) then I was looking at a friend's wedding pictures on Facebook and there was one of the bride and her dad dancing and I started to cry because I realized I wouldn't dance with my dad. So here I was crying and Jay just laughed at me and said it's not a big deal and we'll have the dance. lol I think Jay is getting used to seeing me cry and worry over little things now....who knew wedding planning could be so stressful!
  • I am right there with you girls! It is like as soon as you put on the ring everything is a big deal! I find myself valuing each moment with friends and family more and more. I usually am one of those girls who never cries or overreacts to anything, but since the engagement I have been on cloud 9! I want to smile all the time and I want everyone to know how in love I am! 

This is a huge step in our lives! We have the right to be emotional! There is the joy of knowing you get to spend the rest of your life with your best friend, the stress of planning, the sadness that comes with turning over a new leaf with your old life (family and friends), and the excitement of knowing that your life will never be the same! 

Enjoy every second girls because time will fly by! 
  • OMG - I cry at least daily now (even though it's only been 4 days).  First, it was because I was so happy, now I'm just overwhelmed and I can already see the fights starting with my family because my mom wants to invite the world to the wedding.  And even though my parents are paying for a LOT of it (I know I am so lucky for this) we still have to pay for a decent portion and it just feels weird to have people going to my wedding, even if they are extended family, when I don't even know what they look like.

It feels so much better knowing others are feeling the same way.
  • I cried today, but that's because my fiance went on deployment today.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards