Just Engaged and Proposals

I'm Engaged!

Hey everyone! I just got engaged on Christmas Eve. My FI proposed while we were at my dad's house opening gifts. He had two presents for me....one was champagne glasses....the other one was a bottle of champagne with a smaller wrapped box. After I saw the glasses and champagne I was pretty sure what was going on. (We had picked out a ring a couple months ago and put a deposit down on it so I knew the proposal was coming at some point.) I opened the other smaller box and it was an empty ring box! My FI was standing in front of me holding the actual ring. He asked me to marry him and of course I said YES! It was so nice to have my family there to celebrate with us! I am so happy to be engaged to the man of my dreams! And of course looking forward to planning the wedding! We have set a tentative date of May 26, 2012.

Re: I'm Engaged!

• I just got engaged on Christmas Eve too!  He was going to wait until our trip to NYC tomorrow, but he got nervous about traveling with the ring in such a big place (understandably), so he scrapped all his elaborate plans and nervously asked me to marry him on a whim in our living room.  He was so nervous he was shaking, and he wasn't sure which hand to put the ring on.  But it was incredibly sweet and I cried (even though I was with him when we picked out the ring and he told me when he picked it up).

Congratulations to you though, and I'm glad we can share our wonderful Christmas stories!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats! My FI was nervous too. Later he pulled me aside and told me he was so sorry about not getting down on his knee. He was so nervous that he forgot! Poor guy! I ensured him that it wasn't important to me. The moment was sweet, special, and all mine!
  • Thank you! I am not the only Christmas eve proposal knottie. We were at his mom when he asked me. His mom caught it on film so I remember how nervous we both were.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Awe, congrats!! thats cool!
    Sept 2011 Feb...
    imageimage
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • So many engagements on such a special day!  Congrats to everyone!!!
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers BFP #1 12/12/11 - Missed M/C 1/9/12 ~ BFP #2 4/5/2012
  • Congrats to you all!
    Running buddies are forevah.

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Completed 2012 Races: Cupid's Chase 5k Feb. 11th: 26:20, Donovan's Run 5k March 10th: 25:00, Statesman Cap 10k March 25th: 57:19

Upcoming: Komen Race for the Cure 10k May 12th (SA)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards