Just Engaged and Proposals

Engaged for a month - just officially announced it.

My FH and I got engaged in December, a few weeks before Christmas,(12-9-10 to be exact) but we never really told anyone, including our family and friends until recently. The proposal was a bit untraditional, especially seeing as how I had a son previous to our relationship (he is 2 1/2 now) and we have a daughter together (just turned a year old). But also in the way he proposed. We were walking through the mall in our area hunting for Christmas gifts, and he wanted to go look in the jewelry store. I didn't want to go in there during the season, the mall was busy enough, just being there. Eventually he drug me down the mall into the store. He asked me to pick out my favorite ring. (I chose a ring I liked - not necessarily and engagement right). He had the associate hand him the ring and proposed to me on the edge of the store in front of everyone in the mall that day.

We have had a lot of trying times in our relationship, and the best part about it is, at the end of the day, we come together as a family, as a whole until, and the love is and always will be there.

We have not set a complete date - but right now - somewhere around May 4th, 2013. We have decided on a long engagement, since we both recently lost our jobs and he has quite a bit of debt from a car accident, and medical bills and such. He is working part-time through a temp-agency and I am searching endlessly. We haven't completely decided on a budget for the whole wedding, just for parts of the wedding itself. We are determined to not let this affect the type of wedding we truly want to have. I have very DIY, as is he. We also want a long engagement to allow for as much planning as possible, in hopes that we aren't rushing at the end. :)

I was a user of theweddingwire. But a friend of mine is getting married this September (I am her MOH). She assumes (I have never asked her to be) that she is my MOH - when I have someone else in mind. I have needed to seek a lot of advice about that and some other things that she disagrees with, and I didn't want to seek advice and get backlash for just asking advice.

Anyway, I'll stop rambling now.

Happy Planning,
-C
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards