Just Engaged and Proposals

Am I overprotective of my ring?

Okay, so I'm wondering if I'm crazy, or if my apprehension to wear my ring to work is justified...

My fiance gave me a gorgeous, one-of-a-kind diamond engagement ring three weeks ago. I just got it back from having it resized, and now everybody at work is asking about it. I'm a nurse, so I'm constantly washing my hands/using hand sanitizer, and donning and doffing gloves. I'm very nervous about wearing my ring to work. Basically, I'm worried about getting hand sanitizer build up in the nooks and crannies of the ring. Also, I'm concerned about the risk of tearing my glove on the ring, which is much larger than any other ring I've ever worn. On the other hand, I LOVE my ring, and I want to wear it everywhere!

Am I too nervous about this? What would you do?

Re: Am I overprotective of my ring?

• My mom was a nurse and what she use to do because she was worried about popping a glove she would wear her engagement ring around her neck on a necklace. When she got married she wore her real band and the engagement ring on the necklace and she wore a cheap gold band on her wedding finger.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards