Just Engaged and Proposals

About you & your engagement

I have been engaged for a little over a month and am so excited and love all of the wedding planning so far!  I am one of the first of my friends to get engaged and so it is all a little new to me, but I am having so much fun!

Anyway, I am 25 and my Fi is 26...it feels so young to me!  I was wondering how old you were when you got engaged?  How long was your engagement?  Ours will be a little under a year and a half, which I think gives us plenty of time to figure out all the details.  How long were you together before you got engaged?  We have been together for almost 3 years.

I would love to hear more about the people on here, but don't feel obligated to respond if you don't feel comfortable!  :)
imageimage

Re: About you & your engagement

• Hi all!
    I just got engaged last week. We are both 23, but have been together since we were 15! 8 years! (Yes, highschool sweethearts!) We've set our date for December of this year. :)  So our engagement is a little over 9 months. I am so excited for it !!! :)
    I know we're both young and it's a shorter engagement, but it works for us, and that's what we wanted. :)
    Congratulations, Happy Planning and Best of Luck!!!

"We should get jersey's, 'cuz we make a good team." Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • I turned 21 in February and my fiance is 22. 
    We have been together for 2 years as of 2 days ago and have been living together for about a year and 9 months? Give or take. 
    We got engaged 2 weeks ago today and won't be getting married until April or so of 2013. 
    PersonalMilestone
  • I just got engaged this past weekend! I'm 23 (soon to be 24) and my FI is 24 already. We're planning to have a little over a 2 year engagement, I'm hoping for early June 2013, so we'll both be 26. I'm just graduating college this year, though he will be in school for another year and a half or so, so we want to focus on graduating and getting ourselves financially stable enough to have this wedding! We've been together for almost 4 years (will be in May). I'm extremely glad we're planning a longer engagement so we can really buckle down and have plenty of time to save to start our lives together :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards