• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Just Engaged and Proposals

All he wanted for Christmas was me! :)

I've been dating my fiance on and off for almost 3 years (March 8, 2008).  We looked at rings at the end of August and I learned that he went to buy my ring the next week.  The salesperson asked him to get a drink with her so he decided to venture off on his own and find the ring.

I waited... and waited... and waited.  In the meantime, he went through a tax deadline (he's a CPA) so I had to wait some more.

On Christmas Eve, we were preparing to leave for family Christmas festivities.  We had the food, gifts and dogs in the car, ready to go.  When I got in the car, he told me to stay there.  He closed the garage door, leaving me and our dogs in the dark garage.  I could hear his truck door close and the front door open, but I just thought he was moving gifts inside.

He opened the door leading from the house to the garage and motioned for me to get out.  When I asked why, he said he wanted to give me a Christmas present early.  He handed me a gift bag that contained soft peppermint candy and a note.  The note told me to go to his truck for my next clue. Another gift bag sat in the driver side floorboard. Along with coconut bon-bons and his ski mask was another note instructing me to put the mask on as a blindfold and he would lead me to the next clue.

He led me inside and positioned me beside the Christmas tree. He left me for a moment and turned on Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas is You." When I took off the blindfold, he had turned all the Christmas lights on and told me that my gift was on the tree.

After a few seconds of searching, I noticed two silver ornaments with writing on them.  I looked at them thinking he had decorated ornaments for us. I picked one up and read the words he had written in blue craft paint.  "Will you marry me?"  The other ornament said "All I want for Christmas is you."

He got down on one knee and said the most beautiful words he has ever spoken to me.  How can a woman not love a marriage proposal when a man says he wants to spend his life trying to love you the way Jesus loves His bride, the church?  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards