Just Engaged and Proposals

Our story & Proposal - Operation 12-16-10

Edit: For those who are interested, here's a link to our video :) http://gallery.me.com/breamarie#100566/Engagment_Short-H.264%20800Kbps&bgcolor=black

Steve and I met 7 years ago when working together at a retirement community in their television studio. They produce a daily morning show for the residents of the community. We were best friends for 5 of those years. During that time, both of us were dating other people. We were never single at the same time. In November of 2008, we found ourselves both single and I made the first move. It was the best idea I ever had :). I've never been in a more loving relationship! He's the greatest guy I've ever met (and most people we know agree whole heartedly!)

A couple of months ago I got a phone call from our best friend, Josh, who still works at the community where we met. He said that they were going to be taping a "reunion" show for all of the old studio employees. The show happened on December 16th after work. We were the last to be interviewed and we went on as a couple. Josh interviewed us and we talked about the jobs we've had since then and revealed our relationship. Then Steve got down on one knee and proposed! 

But that's not all-- Our entire family and all of our friends were down the hall in the "Garden Room" for the engagement party... and they had just watched it happen live!

It was crazy and so much fun! We've got video of the proposal to show those who couldn't make it and to remember the moment forever. Oh-- and it actually IS a real show, so the residents of the retirement community will get to enjoy it as well :)

I still can't believe so many people were involved and I had NO idea! He had a special email account set up to coordinate the whole thing, everyone was sworn to secrecy! He even had conference calls with our friends to work out all of the logistics.

I'm also really impressed with how well he did with the ring! He picked it out with absolutely zero input from me and he took my dad with him :)

He ALSO got me off work on Friday (he proposed on Thursday) so we could start our weekend getaway early. We went to Seven Springs resort for snowboarding and then went to the Steelers game on Sunday. What an unforgettable, amazing weekend.

Re: Our story & Proposal - Operation 12-16-10

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards