Just Engaged and Proposals

Engagement photos?

Are they necessary? I am a budget bride and paying for this ourselves. Besides for cute engagement party invites what else would you really need or want these photos for?

Re: Engagement photos?

• We only had ours done because they were included in our photography package.  It was nice to have some prof. pictures of us and we used them for out guest book.  We also had one of the photos enlarged with a border that our guests could sign.  Again, that was because our photographers included it in their package.

They are definitely an expense that can be cut.  If you want them, you can ask a friend to snap a few for you.

My Grandparents on their wedding day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    bio
    Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.
  • we're having family take ours. We're using ours as Signs for our engagment party. "Our party is this way!" type signs lol. Also send one into the paper for the announcment
    Anniversary
  • We got ours done because we have like no nice pictures of us together.  We didn't pay too much for them.  We ended up using one of the pictures for our save the dates.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• No. They are not necessary. We are using ours for the frame that everyone will sign at the reception. We will also get a few prints to give to family and friends.

And the whole time, my future husband was in the room...... image image
  • Nope, definitely not necessary.  Some options you have is maybe having a friend/relative take some snap-shots for the paper and whatnot. 
  • EStar73EStar73 member
    First Comment
    We are getting them done because they come with the photographer package. We are going to use them for our save-the-dates as well as our guest book but even if we weren't i would still want them. I like the idea of us having nice photos of just the two of us in a more natural setting than our wedding. I know a few girls who found family members or friends who were really good with a camera and had them take the photos and they came out pretty well.
  • My FI is a photographer for a living and a sneaky one at that. Check out our engagement (literally) photos in Wicklow, Ireland!: 

My Irish Proposal
  • K.PakkaK.Pakka member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    They aren't necessary at all.  We just moved away from our families recently so there really isn't a reason to have them for announcements in local newspapers or anything.  We, like you, are budget conscious and would rather spend the money on the ceremony pictures, etc.  But if you can find an inexpensive package that includes them, go for it! It can't hurt, right? 
    "If I had to choose between loving you and breathing, I would use my last breath to say I LOVE YOU."
  • I have a background in photography so I love pictures!  I am using a photographer that does a complimentary engagement session so he gets to know you and what you like before your wedding day. 
    Also it should give you great picture of the two of you to hang up in the home. So you have a wide range of professional pictures you can have.
    Also my photographer gives you a CD of all the pictures and gives you printing rights!!  He is actually one of the cheapest photographer i have found and I got to help out with my future sister in law's bridal shoot.  He was AMAZING and I look forward to using him and promoting him!! 
    If you live in SC or near SC upstate boarder he is a great one to use!!

Future Mrs. Smith
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards