Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

In love with my ring!

I have a ring! I have a ring! I have a ring! I have a ring! I have a ring!

This is exciting for me, because I didn't think I would ever find a ring that I loved. I am not a "bling" person. I am also not a jewelry person in general. No earrings, no bracelets. Maybe a necklace for super special occasions. I really was dreading shelling out $$$$$ for something I fully believed I'd only be neutral about wearing.

Added difficulty? I wear gloves on a daily basis at work, so any ring has to fit under the gloves without catching.

I went to one jeweler and hated everything. It was either too expensive, too blingy, or too boring. Plus, they didn't have anything flush with the setting like I was looking for to fit under my gloves.

While traveling to another jeweler (and fully prepared to just buy something I was only okay with), we stopped at an antique store. Just for kicks, we looked at the rings. 10 minutes later, I walked out with something perfect for me.

It's 1920's art deco, white gold with beautiful filigree work and a hand-cut diamond inside the filigree cage. He had it priced at $525 and knocked it down to $425 at the slightest hint it was more than we felt like paying. Sold!

There's nothing poking out to get stuck on my gloves. The diamond isn't very big, but it's hand cut, which I think is awesome. All the filigree work is done by hand as well. It's unique, understated, elegant and so under budget it's not even funny.

Now I just have to wait to get it resized.

Re: In love with my ring!

• Options
    Wow, that sounds really pretty.  Do you have a pic you can post?
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat at work.  As an operating room nurse, I'm in and out of gloves a gazillion times a day.  I also don't want anything that will catch.  I found a local jeweler that makes a relatively low-profile ring that doesn't look like it will catch too much.  We're going to order it Oct 30 and it will take ~3 weeks to get it in.  I can't wait.
    C+D, Four kids, two kids-in-law, four grandkids
  • Options
    Congrats!

Your ring sounds very delicate and vintage. We sure would love a pic!
  • Options
    So pretty and unique! Congratulations!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards