Just Engaged and Proposals

Just got engaged

I got engaged on Christmas Eve and started wedding planning. We have been talking about having the wedding in the summer of 2011. It doesn't give us much time to save for the wedding, so should I move the date to later on in the year or just have a smaller low-key wedding.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Just got engaged

• I think it really depends on what type of wedding you want.  If you want a big bash - then wait a little longer so you can save more.  But if you'd rather have a smaller low key affair, then by all means have it this summer.

Have a talk with FI and see what he envisions.  Look into vendor prices (I had no idea how much things would cost when I started planning).  Do a little research before you start making big decisions.

Congrats and happy planning!
  • That's really up to you. FI and I decided on June 2012 (we got engaged August 2010) simply because we didn't want to throw something together in a few months (not saying you are, this is just US personally) and we wouldnt be able to afford having a summer 2011 wedding. I'm an accountant so I wouldn't be able to do any planning Jan-April anyway and I didnt want to put that much pressure on myself. Good Luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards