Just Engaged and Proposals

When did you know?

All of my friends have gotten engaged at different times during there relationship to there boyfriend. When is the right time and how long did it take for you guys? Just curious to hear other ladies stories on this subject matter.... Thank you!

Re: When did you know?

• We both knew pretty early on (after about 3 months) but my FI wanted us to live together first.  He proposed after about a year and a half. 

• I knew right when I saw him we'd get married! Sounds weird, kinda freaked me out so I shyed away from him for awhile. We datted 3 years and he asked! IDK everyones different you just know I guess
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited April 2011
    We knew we should be married a few weeks after meeting. We spent the next year discussing marriage, and we've been actively planning our wedding for a few months. And we consider ourselves engaged. We will announce our engagement next month to family and friends.
  • My FI and I dated for 5 and a half years before he popped the question. However, a few months into the relationship I knew he would be the one I would marry. I just had this feeling about him...so I think everyone is different but when you know, you know!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I knew right away. Got engaged 1 year to the day we started dating. But didn't get married til 4 years after that.
  • I knew (we knew) a week or less into our "relationship." We were best friends for 5 years before we started dating, and we dated for a couple of weeks before we went "official" in order to feel it out. Everyone's always known us as best friends and we wanted to make sure it was something that was going to work before going public. But it was perfect from the start. We already knew all the good, the bad, and the ugly about each other and we happen to be wonderfully compatible.

As friends, we always spent New Year's Eve together. Our first New Year's Eve together as a couple was only 2 months into our relationship and we vowed to never end the tradition of bringing in the New Year together with a midnight kiss :)

We got engaged shortly after our 2 year anniversary and we'll be married a month before our 3-year anniversary of dating.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards