Students

I'm 19...how long do I have to wait?

My boyfriend and I have been together for 4 1/2 years. We started dating in 8th grade, went through high school together and now go to college 200 miles apart. We both had our heart set on the same college since we were little (we were both huge UT fans when we met, it had nothing to do with eachother) and he didn't get in, but he is trying to transfer in this spring. I am SO HAPPY with him. He is so attentive, so kind, he understands me better than I understand myself, I love his family, he loves mine, and he's just my best friend. I really really want to marry him, and we have talked about marriage. I am only a freshman in college, and I have friends who are older who said they thought they were with 'the one' when they were freshmen, and then broke up. I want to be very wise about this and not be naive, but If we were 23 when we started dating instead of 13, we would definitely be married by now! 

Also, people say, 'how do you know you love him if you've never dated anyone else?' 

Literally y'all, I am sooooooo happy in this relationship. I'm not in the 'honeymoon phase' anymore, we've been together for almost 5 years. I literally cannot dream of any guy better for me, so I truly don't think I could be happier with anyone else. 

We've done long distance. We've dealt with family drama, relatives dying, and a lot of the hardships of life together, and they have only made us stronger. 

So, I have two questions: 

1. How long do you recomend waiting? Until I'm 21? 25? Until college is over? Get married now? 

2. Do you think it's OK that we've never dated anyone else? 

also, I own my own business and we both have full scholarships/jobs and are mostly financially independant. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards