Students

mom is driving me crazy!!

I'm a full time grad student, and work 25-30 hours a week. Whenever I'm not at school or work, I'm doing my homework (side note: clearly not right this second since i'm procrastinating on theknot!! haha). I got engaged in Februrary and we're not getting married until July 2012. Because of my busy schedule, planning time is obviously limited. I spent my whole spring break in March booking my venues and playing around with colors, flowers, etc. Since I got a bulk of the planning done, I've given myself a little break from the craziness that is wedding planning and have been focusing on school.

So here's the problem: I live at home with my parents to save money, and my mom keeps nagging non-stop to start planning the wedding again. I"ve tried to stress to her that 1) We have all the main venues booked and that there's not much they can do until later on in the year CLOSER to the wedding and 2) school is my first priority right now. Summer classes are much more intense than fall and spring classes. I do have a week off between summer session 1 and 2, which I plan on looking into invitations and registry ONLY because my mom keeps insisting on it.

Help! How to I calmly and rationally get it through her head that right now I'm a student first!
Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards