Florida-North Florida

Marriage License and Thank You Question

Hey ladies, I have a few random questions:1. How far in advance can we get our marriage license?2. Anybody know how much a ML costs and what we need to bring?3. What do you write on a thank you card for someone who gave money?TIA!

Re: Marriage License and Thank You Question

• edited December 2011
    The license is good for for 60 days, there is a three day waiting period (unless you are out of state like us :)  Cost is $93.50, but I think if you take a counseling class there is a discount. http://marriage.about.com/cs/marriagelicenses/p/florida.htmFor the thank you cards, we have been writing, " Dear Aunt Susie, Thank you for your generous gift. We plan to use this towards our new kitchen set. We are looking forward to spending time with you in FL and seeing you at the wedding. Love, R and R"
  • jodipplsjodippls member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What Harley said for #1&2. The only cash gift we've received so far was from my grandparents. They sent it early to help with wedding expenses. So we told them what we used it for, the deposit for our venue and the deposit for our honeymoon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto Harley. If you take the counseling courses, I believe its like 60 dollars and also the waiting period is waived.
    Honeymooning image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Oh and all we needed was our ids.
    Honeymooning image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards