Florida-North Florida

Location location location!

Anyone have any ideas about a place in Tally for an outdoor wedding? One stipulation though. NO GARDENS! I"ve got terrible allergies and I don't want to be pulling tissue out of my dress to blow my nose! Those are for tears! lol I refuse to have an indoor wedding and reception though unless it's raining. I'm a nature child and love to be outdoors.

Re: Location location location!

• janedoe1113ajanedoe1113a member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, depending on what time of year your wedding is, you shouldn't have to worry about flowers.  Willow Pond has an outdoor area to have the ceremony and also an outdoor area to have the reception.  Also, Oven Park, Brokaw McDougal, and Southwood House are good places to look.
  • wildangel2189wildangel2189 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Navybaby they are all good places.
  • clseale13clseale13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's actually in Thomasville...but Pebble Hill is amazing!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • MrsHoward11MrsHoward11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! Our wedding is tentativly set for mid october. I've played violin in quite a few weddings in dorthy B oven park and I just can't have mine there. It's a pretty wedding but i've been to too many there. Same with Mclay Gardens. Beautiful but not for me. I'm more into fields and oak trees. That kinda thing. Not crazy about flower. IMO there will be enough on the day of. haven't heard of willow pond or Brokaw Mc Dougal. i'll have to check them out. Thanks. My FIs grandparents live in southwood and I love the plantation. I haven't checked on prices yet but i'm going to soon so I can start figuring a budget.
  • brittjoy84brittjoy84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you on allergy medication? Don't let that limit your choices. I take an OTC Zyrtec every day.Secondly, didn't you say you already had RSVP cards done? You might want to work on the big stuff like this first instead of the little details. It took me six months to find the perfect venue.
  • edited December 2011
    One of my favorite places in Tallyhttp://lichgate.com/
  • christinalauchristinalau member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with brittjoy84 - don't let allergies limit your choices. Oneof the bridal magazines I was reading was talking about an 24 hour allergy shot. Anyway, if it makes you feel better, I am 12 sites on my list and I still can't decide...
  • wildangel2189wildangel2189 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are more into fields and Oak Trees your definitly gonna like Willow Pond!
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Goodwood Plantation, too.  There is lots of natural landscaping, but nothing should be in bloom there in October.  Brokaw McDougall was really pretty and nice, but you can't have ANY dancing inside the house.   If you're having a smaller wedding, there's a beautiful spot at LeMoyne Arts Center in downtown.
  • edited December 2011
    I thought I'd also mention that I have not seen willow pond for myself, but I have a friend who got married there.  There's supposedly a really cute pond on the property, but because of the way they have to treat it for mosquitoes, it can sometimes be unnaturally green (like GLOWING).  This was several years ago, so maybe it's different now.  I also forgot to mention Bradley's Pond out  Miccosukee Road.  Large gorgeous oaks and a beautiful serene outdoor location with plenty of parking.  The rental fee includes tables and chairs, too, I think.
  • janedoe1113ajanedoe1113a member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, definitely look into both Willow Pond (which is actually in Monticello) and then Bradley's Pond.
  • MrsHoward11MrsHoward11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Brittjoy-I am on allergy meds but they don’t always work. Because I’ve never been able to be around flowers they just hold no appeal to me I think. I just feel free in an open green area! I have the RSVP cards designed on my computer but haven’t gotten anywhere near having them made. Genkisam-so funny that you sent me that because we live right by that place and we love it! We go have picnics there all the time and stop in there and let the dogs play under that gorgeous Oak tree! We’re actually doing our engagement photos there! I had been thinking about that place for the ceremony and reception. Abby I’m def checking out McDOugal but I went ot Good wood with two of my now married friends. I hated it both times! I can’t tell you why but I never got a feeling there. It was just a place. I have been looking into Bradley’s though. My family is out in Killearn so it wouldn’t be too bad to get there. Wild angel- I’m checking out Willow Pond. Had a friend mention it to me today and I was like hhmmm…I heard about that the other day. I’m def gonna check it out! Thanks everyone for the ideas! Lots to look into now!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards