Florida-North Florida
Options

Wedding hair and makeup in Gainesville

Hi ladies! I just moved to the area in August and am now planning a wedding here and I don't really know where to go for weding hair and makeup. I know my wedding is a year away, but I am trying to get a jump on the planning to avoid as much unexpected stress as possible. Thanks for your suggestions!
Me: 33 DH: 36 History of left ovarian pain and cysts. Laporoscopy in 1999 and 2001 showed possible cysts and minor adhesions. TTC since May 2011. Day 3: TSH 1.60mIU/L FSH 6.8mIU/mL Estradiol 46 pg/mL Day 10: FSH 5.3mIU/mL Sperm motility and morph 80% (Normal). HSG on 3/23/12 shows bilateral mid-tubal obstructions. Laparoscopy 5/22/12 revealed 100% bilateral obstruction, IVF only option to conceive.

Re: Wedding hair and makeup in Gainesville

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am going with Laura Meffen. Here is her contact info. http://www.lm-makeupartistry.com/ Her prices are very very reasonable. KatieK is using her. So did another bride who got married recently, I just can't remember her name! As for hair, I am using my regular stylist, but I have heard good things about Graceful Strands. http://www.gracefulstrands.com/ It's always great to have another Gainesville girl here! Where are you getting married?
  • Options
    katiek200katiek200 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Laura Meffen, love her!! Also using Graceful Strands- they are fantastic at doing updos, and each one takes 15 minutes and they are gorgeous. I did my hair trial in august with them, PIB.
  • Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have to third Lauren Meffen for makeup. I loved her.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    brittjoy84brittjoy84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I use Ciao Bella salon for my regular hair stylist.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used to work at the Mia & Maxx Hair Studio in the mall. (I moved away)Plus side- Veena, Theresa, and Tiffany are awesome!Down side- It's in the mall.If you were to start going to them now, they might would take the day off to do your wedding. I know this has a lots of "ifs" but it is a very good salon. One of the top rated in the Country! Even if it's just your new regular hair place.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Mia & Maxx!! Thats where I got my hair done until I moved. Jill you look gorgeous!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! I just moved to Gainesville in August, and it's hard to plan since I'm not from here and I don't have my friends to help me. We're getting married at Sweetwater Branch Inn next October.
    Me: 33 DH: 36 History of left ovarian pain and cysts. Laporoscopy in 1999 and 2001 showed possible cysts and minor adhesions. TTC since May 2011. Day 3: TSH 1.60mIU/L FSH 6.8mIU/mL Estradiol 46 pg/mL Day 10: FSH 5.3mIU/mL Sperm motility and morph 80% (Normal). HSG on 3/23/12 shows bilateral mid-tubal obstructions. Laparoscopy 5/22/12 revealed 100% bilateral obstruction, IVF only option to conceive.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Woohoo!! I am getting married at Sweetwater in 6 1/2 weeks!!! I'm so excited about the venue :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! I'm can't wait to see how it looks at night . Are you a lot of extra decorations to the outside area?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards