Florida-North Florida

Same color, same dress just a little bit different...

Okay girls I need your help. My cousin who is in my bridal party just told me today that she has a long purple dress that she wore to a Wedding. She said it was a Vera Wang. Now we know that is going to cost a lot so I figured, since I am having so much trouble finding a bridesmaid dress that I really want to use, what if I had the girls wear a long halter dress in dark purple just like my cousins but if the others a wee bit different.

Re: Same color, same dress just a little bit different...

• edited December 2011
    this would not be a bad thing necessarily.  try visiting the website twobirdsbridesmaid.com.  this company makes the wedding dresses that can be worn in about 15 different ways.  this way, all your girls are in the same fabric, the same color, and the same length, but the necklines can be adjusted to their individual comfort level, and your cousin doesn't look out of place.  be sure to request fabric swatches in the colors that closest resemble the color of your cousins dress before you commit the girls to purchasing.  if the colors aren't matching up, consider going a shade lighter for each girl, giving you a water color effect.

good luck, and congratulations!! 
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you so much !
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards