Florida-North Florida

What are my fellow Florida residents doing for their Honeymoon?

My FI and I are torn over what to do. We live at a beautiful beach and with the wedding in the middle of the busy season taking off work will be hard. We are thinking of doing a ski trip next winter but I was wondering what everyone else was doing.

Re: What are my fellow Florida residents doing for their Honeymoon?

• chickenbut143chickenbut143 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I just updated my Siggy with that!  April 2012's March siggy is honeymoon location!  We're so excited to spend 5 nights at a AI in Jamaica.  The grounds are beautiful and reviews are fantastic!  :)

ETA: I wish we lived at the beach...we live in the mountains!  Our FL wedding is a destination wedding. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ...we live in the mountains!  Our FL wedding is a destination wedding. 
    Posted by chickenbut143[/QUOTE]

Is there a resort in Colorado that you would recommend for skiing and relaxing?
  • We are going to Italy!  First time going to Europe and sooooo excited!

• We are going on a 7 night Royal Caribbean cruise to the eastern Caribbean. We were both born and raised in Florida near the beach but we have been living in Texas for almost a year so a week in paradise will be marvelous for us! Only one more year left in Texas and we will be back in the sunshine state! :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-north-florida_what-are-my-fellow-florida-residents-doing-for-their-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:70Discussion:309cfeca-ec8e-4f15-b341-7cb1aaaf75a8Post:b75fd2e2-3b8e-40ea-b099-ee2af5ea71d8">Re: What are my fellow Florida residents doing for their Honeymoon?</a>:
    [QUOTE]...we live in the mountains!  Our FL wedding is a destination wedding.  Posted by chickenbut143[/QUOTE] Is there a resort in Colorado that you would recommend for skiing and relaxing?
    Posted by bchbride062012[/QUOTE]

I'm not much of a skiier but i love the small ski towns & shopping!  It really depends on where you're going and how much you want to spend....theres alot of timeshares/condos in Breckenridge, so maybe VRBO. 

<a href="http://www.breckenridge.com/" rel="nofollow">http://www.breckenridge.com/</a>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We didn't want to spend a huge amount of money coming off the wedding (and since I have to move to be with my future hubby my income is sort of unknown) so we opted to stay in the country so we could use southwest credits/gift cards/earned free flights. We're going to Vegas for two nights, Napa 4 nights then the last night just staying in San Fran. We felt if we removed the cost of the flight we could then have more flexibility with staying in nicer hotels. (and then once I am working again we can save up for that Italy trip we want to take!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards