Florida-North Florida

Venues in Pensacola/PNS Beach

I am newly engaged and looking into Venues for Oct 1,2011.  I would love to rent out a huge beach house or have a Venue on the beach.  Any suggestions?  The beach is going to be expensive (I can see it already) but I still want to look at prices to see what it will cost me.  

Re: Venues in Pensacola/PNS Beach

• edited December 2011
    Most of the homes rented for beach weddings in Pensacola are thru www.paradisebeachhomes.com

There is a new Hotel that opened last summer Margaritaville it is owned by Jimmy Buffet & it is beautiful!!! The food is fabulous as well

The Hilton on the beach is a nice looking venue but the food is not good especially for the price! 

There are also some restaurants like Hemmingways, but it depends on how many people because their spaces tend to be smaller, also your budget. 

Hope this helps!
  • ThyNguyen529ThyNguyen529 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info!  I just called Margarittaville and it looks like Deluna Fest is the same weekend as my wedding.  So this could make things challenging as to getting good rates during off season that I was hoping for.  

Well I guess I'll keep looking :-/ 
  • edited December 2011
    ooooh nooo that is also going to make it very crowded... good luck!  You might consider Orange Beach which also has beautiful beaches but not as congested & touristy as Ft Walton Beach or Destin. A little quiter like Pensacola Beach. There is also Navarre Beach... 

Just a thought!  Good Luck! 

Another thought is Holiday Inn is opening a new hotel on Pcola Beach being new you may have some luck there??? Not sure exactly when it is opening but it sounds like it is going to be a really nice property! 
  • edited December 2011
    You definitely do not want to get married on Pensacola Beach during DeLuna Fest! Your guests would probably have one heck of a time getting onto the beach, finding parking, and not to mention all the drunk people out there being obnoxious.

Our wedding is actually at Big Lagoon. They have a beautiful Amphitheater that overlooks the water and a large pavilion that will fit about 150 people for a reception. You'd have to be okay with a rustic-feel though. I originally wanted everything in damask, but realized it wouldn't work with all the wood and the stone fireplace. But it's really beautiful and very affordable. We wanted the wedding in October, however when we first booked, they told us they did a haunted house through October. Well, now it's moved to Seville, so it is probably an option. Smile
  • edited December 2011
    Big Lagoon good idea tandj! It's beautiful there!
  • edited December 2011
    Hey Thy, The Santa Rosa Beach Authority denied Deluna Fest their permits for that weekend so that means everything will be opening up! Just read it in the Pensacola news Journal. 
  • ThyNguyen529ThyNguyen529 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys!  I actually booked Big Lagoon for Rehearsal! it's beautiful out there.  Thank you so much for the idea and its definitely affordable.  We rented the whole day for guests that come early to come spend the day out there.  It's going to be great.  Pray for good weather!

I'm still looking at venues.  A lot of places are already booked I don't know if i'm staying in town or going to the beach but the church i'm getting married at is off Hyde Park/Scenic Hwy so if there are any places in that area or even downtown yall could suggest.  I'd greatly appreciate it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards