Florida-North Florida

Affordable Wedding/Reception Venues in St. Augustine

Hey,

I'm in the beginning stages of planning my wedding. I'm trying to find an affordable venue where I can have the ceremony and reception. I prefer it to be outside, but as long as the place is beautiful it doesn't matter. There will be around 50 guests. I would like the entire wedding (venue, photos, catering, decorations etc.) to cost under $10,000, if possible. Any suggestions for venues in St. Augustine or even Jacksonville?   

Re: Affordable Wedding/Reception Venues in St. Augustine

• First of all Congrats! You might try talking with the Wedding Authority. They typically do weddings in their chapel or the Lightner Museum Courtyard with a couple options for your reception. I know they different packages that are all inclusive so to speak and vary depending on what type of package you are looking, time of year etc. I looked at them and they definitely seemed reasonable. It is worth checking out! I am having my ceremony at the Lightner Museum but did not go through them because I am looking to use my own pastor, coordinator, etc.

Depending on the vibe you are going for you may also look into renting a house? Doing it on the beach? Not sure what the cost are on these though.

Goodluck!
  • <div>Serenata Beach Club - it's RIGHT where Ponte Vedra Beach begins... about 10 minutes away from St. Augustine. You can get married outside upstairs with the beach in the background. They really work with you to get the price you can afford. </div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-north-florida_affordable-weddingreception-venues-in-st-augustine?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:70Discussion:ab66b72c-b9d2-4c15-9dd8-260a49a82902Post:347b3770-16fc-4532-989a-fd66ded7e22c">Re: Affordable Wedding/Reception Venues in St. Augustine</a>:
    [QUOTE]First of all Congrats! You might try talking with the Wedding Authority. They typically do weddings in their chapel or the Lightner Museum Courtyard with a couple options for your reception. I know they different packages that are all inclusive so to speak and vary depending on what type of package you are looking, time of year etc. I looked at them and they definitely seemed reasonable. It is worth checking out! I am having my ceremony at the Lightner Museum but did not go through them because I am looking to use my own pastor, coordinator, etc. Depending on the vibe you are going for you may also look into renting a house? Doing it on the beach? Not sure what the cost are on these though. Goodluck!
    Posted by kelli1211[/QUOTE]
  • edited January 2013
    Does anyone know of a reasonably priced source for fresh, cream color rose petals - need for a March 16 wedding in the Garden of The Oldest House.
  • We are getting married in St. Augustine in April and our reception is at the Lightner Muesum And we are working with A1A Ale Works for the reception. They are great to deal with and really good prices. Sun and Sea is planning our Ceremony on the beach at Anastasia State Park. They have been so helpful. we are from Buffalo and its been and easy process planning out of state. Serenata Beach Club has an $8000.00 minimum for weddings but its beautiful. Good luck and Congrats, Can't wait for our wedding!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards