Florida-North Florida

Catering on beach versus Onsite locale

Hello knotties,

We are planning a beach wedding in the Destin or Seaside or Santa Rosa area.  We are not sure if we want our reception on the beach with catering, or at a local restaurant.  We will have 30 or less people in all.

I know it depends on the company you work with, but does anyone know off hand, which type of event might be more affordable (catered on the beach or at a restaurant).

Also, how does it work having a beachfront reception?  Who do you book it through? What type of beach can you choose (private or not private)?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Leah

Re: Catering on beach versus Onsite locale

• edited July 2012
    Good luck finding a site that will allow a beach reception. 8 yrs ago my oldest daughter married at Seaside and we had the wedding and reception on the beach. We were in Seaside this past week...my youngest daughter is planning a June 2013 beach wedding...and were told it is too difficult for caterers and they no longer do receptions on the beach. We got the same response in the Santa Rosa Beach area. As for the difference in cost..I cannot advise there.
  • Thank you!  I think my fiance and I are starting to lean more towards eloping anyway.  So, we're just going to find a nice restaurant for the two of us after the ceremony.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards