Florida-North Florida

Dress, date, venue...what's next?

I have my dress and we have a deposit on our venue (The Cummer!) for October 2012. 

I've started to compile a guest list, I just need addresses to complete it. I've looked at ideas for STD's and invitations. We are hoping to have engagement pics done by December, so STD's should be in the mail by January. 

I know what catering company we are using. And of course I have ideas for BM dresses, centerpieces, the band, photographer, ceremony decorations...should I begin booking vendors now or is it too early? I feel like there is so many things I need to do at this point, and I have plenty of time of course, but what should I be focusing on now? What should my first priority be?

I'm planning our wedding from Texas so I unfortunately I can't meet with any vendors until I visit next month. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Dress, date, venue...what's next?

• edited December 2011

I would suggest trying to get as much done as possible during your visit next month, that way you don't have to worry about any vendor you really really wanted being booked. Normally the photographer is the next person you book after your venue. So I would say your first priority would be setting a budget if you haven't already and then selecting and booking a photographer. It's been my experience people book up fast. I would also suggest finding a church if you aren't doing it at the same location as your reception.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • edited December 2011
    The order I have gone about things...
    Church/venue/priest
    photographer
    dj
    hotel block
    limo
    next up - hair/make up, cake & florist

I only had 9 months from when we set the date so I've been moving on the quicker side - also with it being memorial day weekend and prom season I wanted things on the quicker side to make sure stuff was available!
  • JFHILLJFHILL member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You are greatly ahead of things. 
    I agree with the above: Photographer, Florist, Hotels, DJ's

There are small things too.  My sister planned her wedding from Chicago, and she has recommended a place for us to go: Things Very Special.

I remember sitting down and she ordered her invitations, thank you stationery, bridesmaids gifts, groomsmen gifts, party favors, programs, menu cards, flower basket, ring pillow, cake topper, and a lot of other stuff.  It kept her from having to deal with all these little vendors or even online.  everything came at once.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards