Arizona-Phoenix

Bridal Shower & Bachelorette Party on the same day??

Hi Knotties!

So my mom is planning my bridal shower and my bridesmaids are hosting my bachelorette party the weekend after.

Since I have out of town guests (3 of 5 bridesmaids), I suggested having the bachelorette party the evening of the bridal shower. The bridal shower is held at 12pm on a Saturday.

Is this too much in one weekend?? I wanted to be more accommodating for out of town bridesmaids, but not sure how people would react to being invited to both parties for the same day, and if that limits some people.

What are your thoughts if you got both invites??

What are your thoughts if they were your parties??

Thanks so much for any advice!!

Re: Bridal Shower & Bachelorette Party on the same day??

• edited December 2011
    I don't see any reason why you couldn't do it the same day... 

Kind of weird, but my bridal shower is going to be the day before the wedding.  Literally all but maybe 2 people invited are from out of town, so it's either that, or not get one at all.

Do what works for you and your guests...  everyone will understand!
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

• Girlie1030Girlie1030 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's completely fine and I'm sure your OOT bridesmaids will appreciate it.
  • sld0618sld0618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My cousin did it this way and it was perfect.  It was a great day filled of wedding stuff!  They made it a whole day event and got dinner in between. 

I'm doing it all in one weekend as well for OOT guests.  We'll be doing the b-party on a friday, girls spa day on saturday with just my BM's and mom and then the bridal shower on sunday so they will be getting flights back sunday evening/monday morning.
  • jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We did that for my sister's wedding because she was coming from OOT.  It worked out well, though the break in between the shower and the Bparty was a little awkward (not as in feeling, just as in filling time), but it still worked out okay in the end.  I think it's a great solution to be able to have people come to both...
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    That's how my shower/bachelorette party was.

It worked out great (my OOT BM's stayed with me) so after the shower we all came back and napped before going out.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I like the sound of that.  I say go with it, have them on the same day!
    Blog Planning Site Anniversary 2007- Fell down stairs, herniated 4 disks, Degenerative Disk Disease, Facet Arthritis Perfectly healthy previous to this fall. 2008- Diagnosed Hypothyroid 2010- Diagnosed severe Vitamin D deficiency and Chronic Mono 2011- Diagnosed Rheumatoid Arthritis, Carpal Tunnel, and Calcified Tendinitis in right shoulder
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards