Arizona-Phoenix
Options

OOT Shower Gift Opening Ettiquette

Hi Knotties!

Quick question for you: My shower isn't until Jan. 30th, but I've received some packages in the mail from OOT guests that won't be making it to the shower.  I'm not sure what protocol is on opening these gifts.  Should I open them now so I can get their thank you notes in the mail?  Or should I wait until after the shower and send them with the rest of the thank-yous?  OR should I bring the gifts to the shower and open them with everything else?

Any advise would be great.  Thanks gals!

Re: OOT Shower Gift Opening Ettiquette

• Options
    CellesCelles member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If they are shower gifts and not wedding gifts, then I would save them and open them at the shower, personally.
  • Options
    sld0618sld0618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I would do exactly what the PP said if that happened to me.  I'm not sure if that's how I grew up though because for birthdays, we'd wait so we could open and show the gifts to everyone.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_oot-shower-gift-opening-ettiquette?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:71Discussion:cd6aeff1-ea49-4c7b-9502-0150d2b5325bPost:8528f9f8-e38d-4f3a-a6b6-2a62443507b7">Re: OOT Shower Gift Opening Ettiquette</a>:
    [QUOTE]If they are shower gifts and not wedding gifts, then I would save them and open them at the shower, personally.
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]
    I would go with this as well.  I don't know what etiquette is though.
    Blog Planning Site Anniversary 2007- Fell down stairs, herniated 4 disks, Degenerative Disk Disease, Facet Arthritis Perfectly healthy previous to this fall. 2008- Diagnosed Hypothyroid 2010- Diagnosed severe Vitamin D deficiency and Chronic Mono 2011- Diagnosed Rheumatoid Arthritis, Carpal Tunnel, and Calcified Tendinitis in right shoulder
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards