Illinois-Chicago

And the winners are...it's venue time!

Hi Knotties!

So, FI and I did a lot of venue research, trimmed the wedding down by more than half, and started right back at the beginning!

We've got it down to these vendors and would love to hear your experiences with them:
1. Highland Park Community House
2. Katherine Legge Lodge
3. Morton Grove Civic Center
4. Oak Brook Bath & Tennis Club
5. Kitchen Chicago
6. Evanston Levy Center
7. Irish American Heritage Center (Fifth Province)
8. 19th Century Club

Unfortunately, we had to knock off the Glessner House (no parking), ARTango ($200/hr, but no parking), Centered Chef (wonderful! but too $$), and some others.  We'll have 70 people for a plated dinner with dancing and a band.

Any thoughts as we continue to narrow these down? Thanks!

Re: And the winners are...it's venue time!

• loca4pookloca4pook member
    First Comment Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    edited July 2012
    I noticed you have places all over Chicago. I would keep in mind where most guests are coming from and try to keep it somewhat in mind when picking the venue
  • We looked at the Bath and Tennis club and it was really nice!

We are having ours at the Woman's Club of Evanston if you haven't checked that out yet and were interested!  Similar feel and you can bring in your own caterers/booze.

***Sept 2013 Jan. Siggy Challange - Bouquet Inspiration!***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    My votes are Katherine Legge and the Oak Brook Bath and Tennis. They are both near major highways and are easy to get to. (But Katherine Legge is in my hometown and was my suggestion was i am biase Laughing)

But PP had a good point, where are most of your guests coming from?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Have you looked into availability? Are all of these places available on your date?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm having my wedding at the Oak Brook Bath & Tennis Club and am so excited! It was exactly what I was looking for!

Good luck!
  • I got married at Kitchen Chicago, and I loved it! We only live about 5 minutes away however... so if your concerned about accomodations for guests, they'd likely need to stay downtown (we did not do a block of rooms because our wedding was small.) We got married 4/23/11 and booked only about 6 weeks before, so at that time they did not have a preferred caterers list (and I believe still don't) and you could bring in your own alcohol. It was great for an intimate wedding, but it would be tight for more than 110 guests seated.  Good luck! If you have anyother questions, send me a PM :)
  • I didn't like those pillars with mirrors at Oak Brooth Bath and Tennis - they block the view of guests. Just my opinion. Otherwise a very beautiful spot.
    Daring to dream a bigger dream
  • ARTango is pretty close to #1 on my list.  I have a date to view next month.  I am curious when you say no parking?  My speaking with Maria advised they have ample parking in front of the facility?  Sorry I cant be of much help with your list, but if you could give me some insight as to the parking @ ARTango that would be great (have you viewed the venue)?

Thanks!!
  • Hi Jenny - I'm having my wedding at ArTango in April and I can assure you there is plenty of parking. Let me know how your meeting goes with Maria.
  • how was your wedding at Artango? Venue review?
  • 312Emily312Emily member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2014
    You were right to take off ARTango.  They have HORRIBLE reviews on Yelp.  I was also really underwhelmed with Centered Chef for the size of the venue and the price.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards