Illinois-Chicago
Options

need help with photographers

Any suggestions??  I would prefer a smaller company.  I want to work with the people who will be taking the pictures the day of.  I am also looking for two photographers and I want them longer than 8 hours.  Any suggestions please let me know!  Thank you
Our Big Day! 9-10-2011

Re: need help with photographers

• Options
    Jacqueline210Jacqueline210 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I suggest looking at Wasabi Photography. Travis is a photojournalist who runs this small company and he's amazing. He takes such beautiful pictures but you'll totally forget he's there. I know he definitely has two photographer options and will work the entire day. And he travels. The website is wasabiphotography.com if that sounds like what you are looking for.
  • Options
    KVMW9182010KVMW9182010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using S1 photography - it is run by Oscar and his wife. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Gina & Tony Photographers and love them.  They are a husband and wife team so you automatically get 2 photographers.  We have them for unlimited hours.  Their website is gntphoto dot com.  Let me know if you have any questions.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're using Life on Prints which is Tony Cabrera and a second shooter, often his wife who you can also find on the WPJA. The basic package starts at six hours with two photographers and you can build up from there.

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're using Erica Rose Photography.  We'll have two photographers for the whole day (Erica will be one of them). We have our engagement pictures this Saturday and I'm really excited to work with her. I'll post a link to the pictures once we get them.  Her website is: http://erosephoto.com/
    HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
     I am also using Life on Prints!  Tony & Michelle have great work!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Matt Schademann is fantastic. 
  • Options
    mbuhpathimbuhpathi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Heather Parker has been great. we found her through a referral from here. You may also want to check out:

http://sites.google.com/site/chitownweddingvendors/

that has some more too
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We loved our photographer, his name is Rob Barcroft, and he specializes in photojournalism www.rhbphotography.com
    It was clear that photography is much more than a job to him, it is his passion and he is truly gifted at what he does.  We are gallery 10 on his web site if you want to see what he did with our wedding.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I loved our photographer and he brought another photographer with him the day of the wedding.  Joseph Kang - http://www.josephkangphotography.com/

You can check out his work through the vendor reviews link below.  Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Dale Jewell, and while he's not the photojournalistic photographer that's trendy nowadays, he did a great job taking a ton of candids and stayed out of everyones way. The teaser pics are fantastic!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We are using Sarah Alair - several friends have used her with beautiful results. Ideal mix of traditional and photojournalistic style.  :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second Matt Schademann - he was fantastic to work with.  Link to full review and pro pics in my married bio.
    IMG_2788

2/20/2011
  • Options
    lizlovesartlizlovesart member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Amanda Hein Photography! She has been great so far and she is incredibaly fun to be around.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dennis Lee, he came with us to LA where my husband is from. He's a photojournalist and doesn't get in the way.He also wrote the best blog about us, so personal. The pics are so classy.

My wedding slideshow www.dennisleephoto.com/lornaandmike
  • Options
    tiffany_zoetiffany_zoe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Even though The knot and WGN endorse them...DO NOT USE GEORGE STREET PHOTO AND VIDEO!!!! they are rude, unprofessional and their business is a scam!  I am sure they have decent photographers - but the office doesn't know what they are doing.  they won't even release the negatives until at least 6 mos after your wedding,  see www.yelp.com
    Cheap for a reason!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    somewhere there is a list of who everyone used. we had heather parker and had great experience with engagement and wedding pictures.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards