Illinois-Chicago
Options

Kathryn's Bridal in McHenry

Did anyone get their dress from there?  I've been there once and think I found "the dress" and am going back on Saturday to try it on again and if I still love it, get measured and get it ordered.  However, I wanted to know what someone else's experience was like with them.  I had a good experience trying them on there, but I wanted to know if anyone else ran into any problems with them with the ordering or payments or anything like that.

TIA!

Re: Kathryn's Bridal in McHenry

• Options
    edited December 2011
     My friend (her wedding is this July) ordered her dress from there.  She said she was never pressured to order from them and they were not snobby at all (I guess she experienced that with some bridal salons in Chicago & the burbs).  I think she also told me her dress arrived a month early.  Hope that helps!
  • Options
    beauileukmbeauileukm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress at Kathryn's.  The consultant I worked with was Erin, and she was great.  She was very attentive and helpful, even though there were three or four other brides in the shop.  Kathryn checked in a few times with me as well.  I would agree with the PP's friend.  I never once felt pressured or rushed at all.  When my appt. ran over, she passed her next bride on to Kathryn to make sure I was able to try on everything I wanted to. 
    That aspect was great.  The only things I am/was kind of bummed out on about the experience was that the staff said they would email me when the dress order was actually placed and when I could expect the dress to be in.  That was two months ago and I'm still waiting to hear.  I emailed then again over the weekend and haven't heard anything back yet.  Mostly, I'm just getting antsy in my pantsies to have my dress, lol.  Otherwise, no complaints about the place.

Sorry this was long.  Hope it helps.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you both.  I also read some good reviews on Yelp and weddingwire but I just wanted a bit more affirmation.  Beauileukm, I would be calling them.  It would worry me that they are avoiding you.  I'm sure it's not intentional, but still frustrating for you I'm sure.
  • Options
    beauileukmbeauileukm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I heard back from them yesterday.  My dress should be in in early May.

Hopefully you have a great experience with them!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards