Illinois-Chicago
Options

NWR: hubby's B-day

Hi girls, old knottie here. I'm looking for fun things to do in Chicago (or elsewhere) to plan for my husband's birthday next month. He loves to be active- we love skiing, camping, etc, but we're looking for something new to try. Any suggestions? I was thinking boat rental, but they're all chartered and expensive. Is there anywhere where we can just rent a boat and go out on our own? or any other ideas? thanks guys!

Re: NWR: hubby's B-day

• Options
    edited December 2011
    you can rent a kayak on the Chicago river??
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If horsebackriding is up your alley, we just went to Double Lucky Ranch up in Wadsworth for my birthday this weekend. The folks there were really friendly and a ride that was a little over an hour for just the two of us at sunset was $90 total. We took one of the Lake County Forest Preserve trails which was beautiful and relaxing and had a blast. Other options are winetastings, cooking lessons, maybe a drive out of the city to Cave-in Rock or Starved Rock to stay at a lodge and see what activities they have. Perhaps doing one of the mini wine tours up in Southwestern Michigan (miwinetrail dot com). Sorry, I'm no good at fun things to do. That seems to be FI's job. :) GL!
  • Options
    gkb0910gkb0910 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you like cooking/want to learn about it, I'd recommend Pina's Culinary Experience in Roselle.  You and the rest of the group pair up and cook dishes based on the theme of the class.  Once finished, you sample everyone else's work and get the recipes of all the dishes.  You also get to take home leftovers.  I've been a few times and had a great time each time.  I'd recommend you bring a bottle of wine and some tupperware containers for leftovers.http://www.pinasculinary.com/
    Kailyn Jean Born August 6, 2011 (3w6d early) imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Planning Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did Kayaking in the chicago river last summer. it was so fun! we went on a saturday night with a large group, and paddled out to navy pier where we watched the fireworks, then came back.  It was about a 10 mile paddle all together. if you are into that sort of thing, it would be a fun idea!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just got the new Chicago Magazine today and in their best of section they have what looks like an amazing place that does climbing walls--Vertical Endevors in Warrenville--you can do lessons and the pictures are insane.
    GP February Siggy Challenge:
    Black History Month

TTC since Feb 2012
    Diagnosed with PCOS and anovulation
    2 round clomid 1 round femara--no response
    1st round injectables/IUI 1/31---BFP! BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards