Illinois-Chicago
Options

Help: Ceremony Music

What songs are you using?  How many songs do I need?  Do BMs walk down to a different song than I do?  I have no idea. 
imageBabyFruit Ticker

Re: Help: Ceremony Music

• Options
    edited December 2011
    my bm's walked to canon in d and i walked to wedding march...yes you do different songs.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, different songs for the BMs and you - we also had a different song for our parents/grandparents when they walked in.  Parents walked into Canon in D, BM to Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring and me to the Bridal Chorus from Lohengrin (I had a trumpeter and wanted a big, cheesy, royal grand entrance for myself, haha)It depends on what type of ceremony you are having for what you may need other songs for Ours was a Catholic ceremony and we had two prelude songs (played while guests were filtering in), the three songs that I mentioned for the processional, songs for the responsorial psalm, Gospel acclamation, lighting of the unity candle, preparation of the gifts, mass ordinary, sign of peace, communion, presentation to the Holy Mary and then one for the Recessional (everyone walking out), and a postlude.If it's not a church ceremony I am guessing a lot of these will be unnecessary.
    IMG_2788

2/20/2011
  • Options
    disneyfan0511disneyfan0511 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have all the music we are using in my bio - whoever you work with for ceremony musicians should be able to provide you with some ideas of what they can do as well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards