Illinois-Chicago
Options

Bridal Shower Games Poll

My mom and I were talking about fun games that we could play at my upcoming bridal shower today at lunch. I figured I would open it up to the group - did you gals play games at your shower? If so, what where they? If not, why not? TIA!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Bridal Shower Games Poll

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, my MOH planned games and had gift bags for the winners - she had a word jumble (all the words were obviously wedding related), bridal bingo, and then had DH and me answer questions about each other to see how well we knew each other (she had us provide her the responses to the questions beforehand) - this also helped guests get to know us a bit better
    IMG_2788

2/20/2011
  • Options
    January BrideJanuary Bride member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Ditto pp - the only "games" we really played was having me answer questions kind of "Newlywed Game" style that my FI had answered previously.  It was really fun and I think the guests liked the fact that they weren't personally put on the spot, but they got to learn something about us. We also had all guests go around the room and say how they knew me and say one funny story or memory about me.  They could be really short if they wanted.  I think guests liked this because it helped them get to know each other.
  • Options
    schaiblejenschaiblejen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just had my first shower, and there was one short "Price is Right" themed game that only i played... it was acutally kinda fun and only lasted a about 5 minutes.  All the older ladies thought it was funny that i didnt know the price of a pound of flour!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I recently hosted a bridal shower for a friend I stood up for.  We played 3 games and two were huge hits.  The first one everyone partnered off and the groups were given two minutes to dress one partner in toilet paper wedding dresses.  The bride to be voted on her favorite to determine the winner.  Everyone just about died from laughter from the other game.  I took a photo of the groom to kinkos and had it blown up to a poster size black and white print (it cost about three bucks).  Using bright red lipsticks (I ordered a little bag of samples from a local avon woman), we basically played a game of plant a kiss on the groom.  They actually ended up bringing the poster to the Grooms Dinner.  He thought it was hysterical.
  • Options
    Monkey29Monkey29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In order to break up the monotony of my opening a million gifts, the hostesses had a game where they yelled out things in the middle of gift opening and whoever had that thing in their purse got a point.  The things ranged from number two pencil to condom.  The two ladies with the most points got a prize. We also had a getting to know one another 20 questions sort of game where a famous couple was stuck to everyone's back and each person had to ask yes or no questions to figure out who her couple was. Couples ranged from Adam and Eve to Fred and Wilma to Bogey and Bacall to Batman and Robin.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No games. I despise them. My MOH threw a buffet brunch. There was a cocktail hour beforehand in which guests were able to mingle and get to know each other.
  • Options
    morgie44morgie44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didn't play games really at my first shower either, but when guests all arrived, there were cards by each place setting for them to write a piece of advice or funny story about marriage.  My aunt then read them in between gift opening ( I would open 2 or 3 and then she would read 2 or 3) I thought it was a fun way to break up the monotany of gift opening and took the spot light off of me for a bit which was  nice. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards