Illinois-Chicago

BM Alterations

Hey gals!Anyone have a seamstress suggestion in the burbs (preferable NW or Western) other than Mary Catomy that you think would do a BM dress for me?I need to have one or two minor alterations done for a September wedding and don't want to pay David's $200 (that's more than I paid to have my wedding dress altered).

Re: BM Alterations

• edited December 2011
    Try Sue of Sue's Bridal in Naperville!!  She did a bridesmaid dress for me recently in June and charged me only $45!!  House of Brides was going to be over a $150!  Plus I would never ever step into HOB again....but that is a different story!  Sue does the work out of her home and she did a wonderful job.  I plan on taking my wedding dress to her also for my November wedding!!  Good luck!! Her # is 630-369-6056
  • edited December 2011
    $200 for alterations??! thats absurd.  I've been a BM twice in the past year and both bridal shops only charged me $80. no suggestions of other places, but I had to comment on DB!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    You can give Anna a call west suburbs 630-479-3137, she is great.  Not only is she a seamstress, she has a degree in designing. 
  • edited December 2011
    Second for Sue's Bridal Alterations in Naperville!  She did an outstanding job on my bridesmaid dress and has a super cute personality.  HOB quoted me about $120 for my dress that didn't even need much to be done.  Sue charged me around $75, and she did fantastic work!  Many other Knotties have posted positive reviews for Sue here!   
  • edited December 2011
    i triple recommend sue's. extremely easy to work with and so sweet. don't be intimidated or nervous that her korean accent is strong. she IS SOOOO INTO DETAIL and really did wonders on my bustle of my maggie sottero.my bridesmaid dresses were $55-60my gown was $200 for 10 bustles, bringin up the hem, and steaming my 2 veils and my dress.i will ONLY USE HER going forward with my future bridesmaid or matron of honor duties. ;)i live and work in naperville. so sue is like 5 mintues from my work. i will continue to stop by to talk to her. such a wonderful and warm lady!
  • jewelsfunwearjewelsfunwear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also know of someone that is located in Plainfield, IL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards