Illinois-Chicago

Bennet Curtis House?!

I am a bride to be with a very small budget! Someone on here mentioned Bennet Curtis House to me and it looks pretty good! Almost everything is included! So my question is-has anyone or is anyone planning on having their wedding there? Or know anyone that has had their wedding there? The pictures on the website were not the greatest so I would be leery going with their photographer! But the price seems pretty good for everything you get! TIA!

Re: Bennet Curtis House?!

• edited December 2011
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I went to a wedding there last summer for my FI's boss & it was not nice at all.  the food wasn't good(standard family style type food-nothing to write home about), it was cramped & the area they had for "dancing" was soooooo small.  From what FI's boss has said, he didn't even like it & his own wedding was there!  Honestly, I would keep looking.  What area are you looking to get married in?  are you tied to that area or can you travel some?   

"Everything will be alright in the end. So if it's not alright, it is not yet the end."
    "She wasn't bitter. She was sad, though. But it was a hopeful kind of sad. The kind of sad that just takes time." The Perks of Being a Wallflower
    Me:28 DH:28 TTC since 1/11 Dx: unexplained IF/early DOR
    Feb'12- Clomid/TI with CD3 &21 labs(normal)& SA-count 6mil/ml,morph/motil OK-BFN
    April'12 Ultrasounds,HSG -clear, slight acurate uterus
    5/14 IUI #1-50 mg clomid-post wash total motile count 19.3 prometrium 2dpiui= BFN
    6/11-IUI #2-100 mg clomid & prometrium post wash count total motile 17.5 = BFN
    7/6 IUI#3 with 100 mg clomid, estridiol, prometrium. post wash total motile count 23.3 = BFN
    8/30IVF#1 BCPs, Follistim, Menopur,Ganerelix,Novarel.
    ER 9/11-8R, 7M, 5F.
    ET 9/14 2 embies transferred. 1 10cell Grade 4, 1 8cell Grade 4. No frosties. BFN
    IVF#2 BCPs, Follistim, Menopur, Ganerelix, Novarel, Baby Aspirin
    ER 12/5-16R, 12M, 8F!
    ET 12/10 5dt! 1 fully expanded blast & 1 early blast. No frosties. BFN
    2/13- Saline sono revealed a polyp. All additional labwork coming back normal. Genetic screen revealed DH has MTHFR deficiency & I am a carrier for it.
    3/13 hysteroscopy & polypectomy
    next up-Reproductive immunologist Appt 3/27, cycling in may?

Here Comes the Sun Blog
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • edited December 2011
    Wow! =( That is not good! Ive only talked to people that have went there for dinner and they raved! We wanted to be in the outdoor tent there! No we are not tied to that area-we just want an outdoor wedding that isnt going to bankrupt us! We are willing to travel but maybe only like 2 hours! Thanks for your help!
  • AubsAndSeanAubsAndSean member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think I was the one that mentioned Bennet Curtis. We looked there a few years ago when we first started planning our wedding. It's definitly not amazing, but it is inexpensive. If you're planning outside it wouldn't be too bad, but I didn't like that if it were inside everyone would be split in different rooms. My advice is go see it for yourself. It looks different in person than in pictures. I'd recommend Bird Haven greenhouse, that's where we ende dup having our wedding. Were you able to find anything in kankakee?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards