Illinois-Chicago
Options

Ideas for invitations?

Hey there... we're getting married Oct 9th and have the invitations ready to go but I'm trying to decide if we want to print the envelopes or have a calligrapher do them... any suggestions? Also, if anyone knows of a good calligrapher in the western suburbs that would be AWESOME! THanx!!

Re: Ideas for invitations?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think printed envelopes look nice- there are loads of fonts on sites like dafont.com (or just look on the DIY board). Printing would save a ton of money, but if you have the budget, calligraphy does look so nice!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just sent out my October 10th invites.  I printed on the envelopes using Chopin Script from dafont.com.  I couldn't justify spending another $300 on calligraphy, especially when the envelopes get ditched anyway.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice guys! I appreciate it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a friend that does calligraphy out of her house. I just gave her my invites for our October 10 wedding but if you are interested I can see if she can do yours as well. Email me at cortneylblack at yahoo dot com.
  • Options
    Elizabeth7277Elizabeth7277 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey we are also getting married Oct 9th and just finished invitations. I printed names and addresses on envelopes using a really nice scripted font called Eduardian Script. Legible yet formal. I can't see hiring a calligrapher to do them, but then again I (and my family) pretty much has taken on all the DIY projects you can for a wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards