Illinois-Chicago
Options

Terrified HOB will screw up my dress

I ordered my dress in mid June from HOB in Schaumburg. I didn't get an estimated ship date at that time, so I figured I would call a few weeks later to check up on that. I just found out that my dress isn't due to ship until mid December. Ok, 6 months pretty standard, right? But then I got sucked in to reading all of the HORRIBLE reviews of HOB. I knew I was shopping there at my own risk, but now I'm terrified that I'm not going to get my dress, that's it's going to be the wrong size or the wrong color! 6 months out I should be starting to set up alterations dates. I know I'm freaking out over nothing at this point, but this is what I do....I worry about things so far in advance. Does anyone have any good experiences to share about HOB?
When you're born in Chicago you're blessed and you're healed the first time you walk into Wrigley Field. My Bio

Re: Terrified HOB will screw up my dress

• Options
    stinad1983stinad1983 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have one for you Sparkette....I was just like you, loved my dress and ordered it from HOB (although online because it was chepaer).  Then started hearing all these bad reviews and worrying even more because ordering it online it would be hard to get ahold of someone over the phone and never face to face.  Well I ordered my dress last October and they said it wouldn't be in until April, 6 months out.  It got shipped to my house in February in perfect condition.  Nothing to complain or worry about.  HOB really came through for me!
  • Options
    gczechgczech member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ordered from HOB in Schaumburg too and it came in ontime and fine.  I had a minor freak out that it was the wrong color, but I went in there and they compared it to the sample and everything was fine (i.e. it was what I ordered, just couldn't remember it LOL).  And...if your dress is the wrong size or color when you get it, they should be able to order you a new one and pay the rush fees to get it to you in time.  Don't worry - my friend is getting married in 3 months and we're going dress shopping for the first time tonight...I know it's not ideal, but if she can get a dress with 3 months to go, you'll have no problem at six months.  =)Also, I wouldn't start getting alterations at the 6 month mark.  My wedding is in October and I called in July for alterations (not HOB) and the lady told me to call back in August and make an appointment cause it was too soon.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I ordered a bridesmaid dress from them last year and it came in early with no problems at all. I also got alterations done there and the dress fit me perfectly.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sure- just to make you feel better.  =) The first dress I bought (very early on in my planning) was from HOB.  My grandma kind of talked me into it on my first shopping trip to look at dresses.  I called a week later to cancel, and they let me cancel my veil and shoes (and completely refunded the purchase price).  I could not cancel the dress since the order was already placed.  I was hoping that they would mess something up, so I could dispute the bill (J/K).  Anyway, the dress came in 2 months ahead of schedule, no problems at all.  I put it on consignment at White Chicago and it sold for something like $200 less than I bought it for new. So, all in all, a good experience.  I have heard bad things about their alterations- so you might want to go elsewhere for that.GL!
    DOR and AMA
    2/12-5/12: 4 IUI cycles = all BFN;
    7/12: DE IVF # 1 (with ICSI)- 20R, 16M, 14F, 5DT of 2 blasts (4AB & 3BB); 6 frosties = BFN;
    Lupus anticoagulant initially high, then found to be normal on hematology consult;
    Follow up testing in September all clear;
    Started synthroid for "high normal" TSH;
    FET # 1- late October 2012- BFP on FRER; beta # 1- 21(low), beta # 2- 48 (still low), beta # 3- 132, beta # 4- 1,293; beta # 5- 5,606; last beta- over 100,000. First u/s 11/21- heard heartbeat
    12/12- Officially an OB patient!
    Keeping fingers crossed
    Everyone is welcome!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a great experience with HOB!! I had no intention of buying there but it was my first stop before heading to other shops.  I found a dress I loved and it was only $450. I had to have it!!!I ordered it, read reviews and freaked out.  I had no problems whatsoever, but I didn't get my alterations done there as I was too spooked.  This was from the HOB in Glen Ellyn and I would absolutely recommend them based on my experience alone.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are worried you can always look elswhere. I used Mary Catomy. Might be worth seeing if you can meet and get a price quote.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards